marinland reef led lighting progress

Beeguiles has them on her 29g and is super happy with them. Take a look at her tank showcase thread to see for yourself. Also the company is coming out with an updated version of the reef ready's (due to hit shelves in June I believe), that has better optics, and integrated timers so that you can turn the blue and white led's off and on separately. I think the new model sounds great!

Ya I saw her tank and everything looks great. How deep is it though? I wasn't able to get a good reading on that from the pictures. IIRC the 75g is about 21" deep minus about 1"-2" of sand. Would enough light penetrate? I'll be the first to admit I know next to nothing about coral and their light requirements as of right now. My desire is to have a tank setup with the option and capability for coral. ML lights seemed 'cheap' and capable.

I can kind of update. I took down my 29g to upgrade to a 93 gallon cube so the sps corals that were under the marineland are now under the kessil. But all the time that they were under the marineland there did fabulous! I'm at work right now so I will have to post pics later.

What a great thread.

I would post some pics, but I'm having a bit of an algae issue at the moment... and I'm still building it.

But, I've got a marineland reef capable led. So far i love it. If only my algae hated it!

I switched the marinelands over to my 10g since I took my 29g down. The corals still are loving it. Here's a shot of my 10g from tonight.

806F4CF4-2957-408C-A8E4-EE2AA6226676-382-00000027A3BA189E.jpg

Well actually I can't take all the credit. My hubby and I both wanted arches. He constructed and I helped hold things together haha. He's the aquascaper and I'm the coral placer and maintainer :)

Very cool, thats the best way to do things. Each working to there strengths makes for a awesome team.

We need to do a thread like this for some of the other brands of LED. Seems like this thread has helped a lot of folks. :Cheers:

Let's start one for the RapidLED Par38 bulbs. Several of us have them. I'm still unsure about mine - my corals act like the light is too bright but I have it hung higher than the rest of you and the Par meter gives a low reading. I'd love to get more data on others experiences with this particular fixture (though I know the bulb has changed over time in terms of number of LEDs and temperature)

Back