Marinne's 65G LPS tank

Marinne13

Northern Reefer
So I had to move into a hotel for the summer but am now back in a tiny 1 bedroom...I have been here for several weeks and at first I didn't even want to attempt another tank but as I was debating selling some more stuff.......I COULDNT HELP MYSELF!!!!!

had to whip out the 65G tall tank and start lol

I won't have a sump on this tank because I don't trust my husband at drilling the tank and don't have room for the 75G.

equipment is as follows: 2 Tunze 1,200 GPH powerheads, Tunze ATO, Hydor 300W heater, Coralife 4 bulb T5HO with ATI bulbs and lunar LED's, Neptune Apex Lite controller, Reef Octopus BH1000 HOB skimmer, single carbon reactor, 4 stage RODI with TDS meter and Reef crystals

will be using 45lbs of dry rock and eventually will get another 20lbs of live rock once it's setup for a week or so

not sure if I even want to do fish, we will see...just going to do LPS in this tank as of now and the CUC
pictures will be up soon!!!

Last edited:
Here she is

Attachments

• 20130901_130029.jpg
    20130901_130029.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 372
Thanks!! only problem for me is going to be getting LR, only place close to me now is 110 miles away

anyone know of a place that ships it in actual water so it will have life on it??

Glad to have your knowledge and presence back. Stick around this time?

I like the idea of simple. Maybe a clown pair and a pistol/goby pair. :)

^that's what I would do for simple, at least.

yeah that's what I am thinking...I want something that will eat pellets or flakes while I am gone (both my clown pairs did)

I had a few fish last time that wouldn't and it was impossible to leave

well she is completely filled and everything is hooked up...decided to order 20lbs of Fiji rock from live aquaria which should start my cycle this week

crossing my fingers as I have had great luck with fast cycle lengths

also, do you think I should switch to LED's??

Last edited:
actually considering the reefbreeders Photon24...you think that will be enough for the 65G

or maybe the Photon32? keep in mind I am not doing SPS

i would upgrade to leds. i've seen a few of those and they're really nice and grow coral pretty good. i'm thinking your tank is like my 57 and 3' so i would get the 32 if you have the extra $$.

Mine is 3ft but if I did the 120 it would work at about 6 inches from the top...I am thinking the photon24 will work great for an LPS tank

Just love the led look and I have seen one on a 65 and his tank is thriving

Glad to have you back!! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

I like the idea for less fish. But, if you are going to do clowns, get a fancy pair!

Pair of Picasso Clownfish, 1 Pair (2 Clownfish) WYSIWYG Ref#004 - Exotic Reefs <-- pretty good price for a pair of them even after you include the shipping.

Any ideas on LPS? I'd definitely recommend a Brain Coral! Trachy (Use to be known as the Wellso Folded/Open Brain) is pretty awesome!

I'd definitely recommend LEDs. I set up a little 5g nano with 20 Whites and 5 420 Blues, and I love the shimmer effect on it.

Oh, yeah, and once again! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY Welcome back! :mrgreen:

I want to get a fancy pair and will be getting a nice brain coral from the LiveAquaria diver den section eventually

Ordered a photon24 for the tank...super excited!!!!! Prob more so then my first tank

If you lived closer I'd give you a really good deal on a pair of snowflakes. I usually get them for between 20-40 a piece depending on the size lol

Back