Marinne's 75G Reef

picture of my new torch coral
DSC_0018_zps44f4ab00.jpg

Yamaha guarding her magfloat lol
DSC_0022_zpsd7331c3b.jpg

so I just saw my male clown picking at the glass so I was curious...there are little white pods all over the place!!! he is having a blast haha

so do you guys think I need a bigger CUC than this...9 Astrea snails, 2 Turbo snails, 2 Margarita (yeah they are dieing off, found two that just fell off a rock and wouldn't re attach so I took them off), 20 Nassirus, 1 emerald crab

maybe get a cleaner shrimp?

Get a bunch lol, they add nice movement in the tank (I have like 15ish in my 55 and they are constantly on the prowl :mrgreen:). Do you have a PetCo near you? If so, check out their selection on shrimp. I don't know much about Skunk Shrimp...so can't say for sure how well they do.

so I went in the LFS to get some more hermit crabs and the owner pulled me aside and asked me a hard question...a guy that he knew tore down his 200G saltwater tank because he was being relocated

CJ the owner had to put 2 naso tangs, a yellow kole eye tang and a magnificent foxface in a 55G :shock:...he doesn't have a huge store and that was the only tank he had

anyways, he asked if I would take the foxface which was going to be the next fish I purchased. I was really reluctant because I wanted to wait a full 2 weeks between adding another fish and it has only been 12 days

long story short, I felt bad for the guy so I bought him and acclimated him last night...water parameters are the same today Ammonia: 0, Nitrites: 0, Nitrates: 3-4ppm, Phosphates: 0 and PH 8.0

I am not going to lie, I was really hesitant but I couldn't stand the fact of him dying due to stress in that tiny tank and CJ knows I have been taking my time/have an appropriate tank size for him

he was shy last night but has completely destroyed the algae in the tank lol, they weren't lying when they say the FoxFace has a verocious appetite...I have herbivore Rods food and algae sheets for him

I honestly think I am only going to have the FoxFace and the two clowns...I like happy fish and don't want to overcrowd

Last edited:
Finally got my Tunze ATO hooked up tonight...man that thing is going to be handy

I also bought a super cheap 6 bulb light and 2 ballasts went out so I had to bite the bullet and order an aquaticlife 6 bulb, bought ATI bulbs why I was at it

Back