Marinne's 75G Reef

Well I haven't been on here recently and there is a reason...my husbands company is moving us into an extended stay hotel and we have been fighting it but we can't really say no

See we live in the heart of oil country so the rent here is nothing below about 2500 a month and we can't pay that out of pocket...lets just say his company found something cheaper and it happens to be a freaking hotel so the tanks have to go :grumble::grumble:

sucks because I was just starting to get nice coraline and the fish were starting to show personality...guess the fish store is getting some nice fish/rock here in a few days

wish some of you guys lived close so I new the fish were getting a good home

Oh that sucks :(. Is there any way you can throw the pet store a few bucks to hold the fish and corals for you until you get set up someplace you can have a tank again? I'm gonna miss my buddy on here :(

were going to be in this place until next august or later...freaking blows, the LFS owner is helping us move all the stuff to his store

That truly sucks....I hate to hear it but I also hope you are going to stick around on here. How bout a biocube? With your ability you could easily upgrade the lights on one and grow anything you want.....and thet aren't dreadfully expensive.

Another idea, can hubby get transferred to someplace NORMAL????

we can't have a tank in there, we already asked...too much liability with flooding and what not

he makes good money in his job, just the housing situation sucks right now

it does...He works for Northrop Grumman which is a contractor, mainly dealing with the nuclear side of the Military so the northern bases is where the job is at

That sux...I understand having to be where the job is...I used to be a Radiation Protection Technologist in nuclear power plants so my job locations were limited as well....now I'm a Registered Nurse working in complex chronic conditions Care Management so I could be about anywhere, but with our HUGE elder population Florida is a natural location....

And BTW, the computer time I always have on weekends is my procrastinated charting for the week....I just gotta start doing it each evening....

What about sneaking a little 10g tank in there? It'd be very cheap to fill, and at least it'd be something. You could always tuck it away into one of the armoires in the room. They'd have no idea. And, you could always leave the do not disturb sign on the door. 10g tank, even if god forbid something did happen, isn't really all that much water. And, you could set up a really cool nano reef for less then 300$. Or, if that's too big, you can go even smaller. A 5gallon, 2.5 gallon, 1 gallon. Ya know? Just something so that you still have the saltwater bug in your system. And, like Mitch said, I hope you at least keep coming on here to talk with the rest of us!

Don't sell the stuff >_<. Just, tuck it away, and when you're someplace you can set up the larger tanks, take it all back out! Clean it up real good, and bam, you're right back in business. This sucks btw >_<

Anthony has a great plan there.....Vinegar clean everything and pack it carefully....I toted my current stand and the hood in the Living room, as well as the entire rest of my little 1986 tank around for about 10 years with nothing wet in it....then when the time was right I pulled it out, modernized the lighting and started growing from there....

I know I haven'tbeen on in a while but I thought I would tell you how my tear downs went

nothing died, I mean not even a snail and we moved everything to my LFS the same day...we had 95lbs of LR, 12 LPS frags, snails, hermits, 2 emerald crabs, 2 skunk cleaners, 2 percula clowns, 2 ocelaris clowns, 1 firefish, 1 scooter blenny, 1 orange spotted watchmen, 1 lemonpeel, 1 magnificent foxface and 2 green chromis

well we just got around to going in and collecting our check for all the stuff, I was expecting like $400 because he needs to re-sell it

we got and I am not joking $1,000...I was like "are you joking"

our LFS owner is the man and a truly honest man

Last edited:
Don't worry...I kept 50lbs of base rock and enough equipment for two tanks

Just really impressed CJ our LFS owner did that for us...he said our rock, frags and fish sold fast

Back