Marinne's Reef

yuck, that sounds awful

well the Tangs have had spots for several days and they are gone now, all are still alive and eating so hopefully I can make it through the next wave

yuck, that sounds awful

well the Tangs have had spots for several days and they are gone now, all are still alive and eating so hopefully I can make it through the next wave

I don't even give tangs getting spots a second thought anymore. I guess after 40 years it's old hat to me. Main thing is to keep them eating, when they stop, all is lost.

The Kole has been scratching really bad but he is still eating a lot...all the fish are fat, I always get nervous walking down the steps in the morning to see if there is a floater

how many more days before I know they are going to make it?

Some fish scratch for the hell of it, it could be he has a few deeper that he's trying to dislodge. If they're eating and doing what they're supposed to, you should be over the hump now.

we will see...it's day 5 and everyone is still eating, I think if I can make it until this weekend with them still eating I will be ok

I had a damn female Sebae clown that scratched itself all the time. The pair laid eggs all the time, but she was an itchy witch. Mean as a damn snake too, lol.

my Kole Tang scratches all the time, he is now getting pale on a regular basis and just looks irritated all the time...new spots keep popping up, not sure what to think now

I can't get a clear shot...he is covered in white spots and there are also some blacker spots, maybe scars of some sort

he is still eating however but looks really bad

well the tank went through a disaster...all the tangs didn't make it, I pulled the clowns, angel and wrasse out for now

I have a buyer for the wrasse and angel as I might go a different route with this 180G

I was thinking of going more peaceful but need help with a stocking list...I don't really want anything that is going to be aggressive or nip at coral so angels are out of the question for now

You could always go a unique route. I know of a guy who decided to make Goby specific tank. He had like 22 different kinds of Gobies lol. Was actually kind of cool to see them all swimming around :p. Some kinds can only have one type, while others will tolerate each other without a problem.

You could also try schooling fish? Anthias, or Chromis? Or even go hogwild with different wrasses for the openly viewable fish.

I personally like all different levels of visibility as far as fish in the tank goes.

In my 75 I have:

A Sailfin tang (Always moving back and forth. Great for constant action)
Clownfish (Good for middle to upper attention)
Purple Firefish (Good for darting around and showy colors)
A horseface blenny (Roams the tank like a Lawnmower Blenny)
Fairy/Sixline Wrasse (Roamer)
And Scooters (Mainly roam around the bottom of the tank)

All are relatively peaceful and active in different parts of the tank. But that's just my personal opinion and taste.

Hope that helps gives you a idea of some stuff you may like!

I do love blennies but was under the impression only 1 per tank

I was thinking a school of pajama cardinals, several purple firefish, school of chromis, midas blenny, pink spotted goby, bicolor foxface, 3 smaller peaceful wrasse and maybe a white tail bristle tooth tang as the last fish introduced

They can be lol. And most Gobies are fine if you can get a male and female pair. Or, have a large enough tank for them to be able to escape each other when they feel uncomfortable/threatened.

Here's a cool idea for you! Make a firefish only tank. Do normals, purples, and the helfrichi! :)

if helfrichi's weren't crazy expensive lol...I want to do a mix of purple and regular for sure, maybe even a school of three scissor tails

right now I am waiting for my tank to sit though...the spots never fell off the tangs but I am sure there are some cysts in the tank, sucks staring at an empty tank

and of course LA has deals on dartfish/cardinals in the DD section

Back