Marinne's Reef

http://exotic-reefs.com/collections...n-5-heads-you-will-receive-one-in-the-picture - 45$

http://exotic-reefs.com/collections/lps-coral/products/green-and-dark-red-trachy - 40$

http://exotic-reefs.com/collections/lps-coral/products/large-watermelon-favia - 45$

http://exotic-reefs.com/collections/lps-coral/products/coral-15 - 35$

With shipping that is roughly 200$. And they are all fairly decent sized pieces.

The trachy is a little small, but then again, for 40$, you can't complain considering what it is lol. Most places retail that size anywhere from 60$ and up.

they have some cool things but still...with 50 shipping you don't get much

I agree, that dull looking trachy is pretty high priced

Man it sucks not having a LFS...ordering anything online is so freaking expensive, you can't just go buy 10-15 frags at the LFS for cheap

I can only get maybe 5 frags for $200 anywhere online
LOL, try living here! There are NO local fish stores, only Deathco. I have to go to DC or Lancaster, Pa if I want something special that I can't justify a transship for.

Lol on my list they're usually 20-30$ unless you get into the really crazy colors. Standard mark up on fish stuff is usually 300%. So, if it's 20$ for people, it's sold for 60$.

And I wish there was stores by me that sold any trachy for 40$ lol. Usually for one of that color (at stores around me) is anywhere from 50-100$. The more vibrant ones can go anywhere from 100-200$ and up depending on the size.

And I understand you may not like everything I like lol. Was just showing you that you can get more then just frags with your budget. Granted, you aren't gonna stock a tank online with only 200$. But, hey, it's something lol

I know I wont stock a tank but some retailers are ridiculous with pricing nowadays

I will prob buy some more stuff from them, just wishing they had some new inventory

Right now CITES permits are being rationed so everything that's coming in is the ultra coloured specimens and they're bringing a premium.

I just got a welso and candy cane colony from LA DD...also picked up a one spot fox face and put him in my QT

he is still freaking out though, just swims up and down and when I walk up to test water/feed he lays on the bottom

Foxface play possum quite a bit. I REALLY freaked out the first time I opened a box and there were 6 of them laying on their sides in the bottom of their bags, lol. The next day they were all about some food.

I have only had him for 30 hours or so, dripped him for an hour...he went after food today but didn't look like he actually ate any, I did have a magnificent 2 years back that did that the first day

divers den is expensive but I trust their fish, probably the most reliable place to buy if you don't have a QT...when my 180 is ready I will be buying only from them

I felt the same way with them. DD and SA are two places I almost never QT from. But, I always closely inspect everything that's coming in during acclimation lol. To do this day, never had a problem with either, and recommend both. Both can be fairly pricey compared to other places, but, it's worth it for the great condition fish

they are pricey but they QT all of the DD fish and ensure they at least eat with them...not to mention the 14 day guarantee, a lot of times if the fish dies and disappears in the tank they still refund you

Here are some pictures of the 180...I have been trying to add as much coral as the budget allows, mostly frags but some larger pieces as well

I only have 3 pajama cardinals, one spot foxface, pair of B/W snowflakes and a starry blenny...they have been in the tank for over 2 weeks with no signs of illness

I am dosing the system and my parameters are completely stable, my chaeto is also growing like mad and the refugium is full of pods

Temp: 79.6
Salinity: 1.025
PH: 8.0-8.1
Alk: 9.5
Cal: 430:
Mag: 1300
NO3: 0
Phos: 0

So far the tank is 2 months old and getting a lot of growth on the back wall/rocks...camera makes all the pictures really blue, not sure how to fix that

Attachments

• DSC_0333.JPG
    DSC_0333.JPG
    139.5 KB · Views: 297
  • DSC_0350.JPG
    DSC_0350.JPG
    253.9 KB · Views: 340
  • DSC_0351.JPG
    DSC_0351.JPG
    191.9 KB · Views: 312
I am running my Sols at around 35% whites and 65% blues...they are around 13 inches off the surface, nothing seems to be bleaching and actually most of my zoas are reaching but I don't want to burn stuff

the only thing that seemed like it was getting too much light was the frogspawn, it is starting to get more of a glowing green/transparent so I moved it close to a rock where it is partially shaded...should I shade it more? it still extends but has released zoox twice since I have had it

It is pretty much on the bottom, at least 24 inches away from the light

Attachments

• DSC_0339.JPG
    DSC_0339.JPG
    144.8 KB · Views: 329
Last edited:
If you want to bump up the intensity, do it 3-5% every 4 days. That's the way I do mine when I put something new in the tank and haven't had an issue yet. Your tank looks good Marinne.

I always put it on acclimation mode when I get new stuff...usually 40% for 10 days or so, it is still in acclimation mode right now

Back