Marinne's Reef

My X-Mas Tree Favites I entered in the POTM

Attachments

• DSC_0022.JPG
    DSC_0022.JPG
    150.3 KB · Views: 280
Oh and just an update, I have had ZERO algae in this tank so far...not even diatoms, the sand is super white and coralline starting to grow, pods everywhere, new zoa heads popping up all over

hopefully I don't jinx it by saying this but man is it doing great

really starting to hate this T5 fixture, it has started to bleach my candy cane and mushrooms...I have it 12 inches off the surface!!! WTH it only runs for about 8 hours a day as well

I still don't have any algae at all but zero coralline growth, I do a 12G water change every Saturday along with cleaning the skimmer and filter sock weekly. I also change out the carbon/GFO once a month

Is the temperature to high or the lights are too bright? I read a combination of those two can make your corals stress out and start bleaching. Something is definitely killing their zooxanthellae.

Temp is constantly at 79...its a 328 watt fixture with ati bulbs, 3 blue plus, 2 coral plus and a purple plus at 18 inches from the surface

all my mushrooms, candy cane, hammer, frogspawn, Duncan, Favites and such are on the bottom 3rd of the tank...my zoas which are at the top have been reaching a little

frustrating I tell you

Do you think there is something wrong with the bulbs? Because if you haven't change the corals location in the tank and they were doing fine before. It makes no sense they're bleaching now. You should have some coralline algae growing also, your parameters are perfect. I will blame the T5 bulbs sometimes they don't last as long as they are supposed to.

remember that new bulbs are brand new and are at there best. the coral are probably getting bleached if anything. i did that when i had the bigger tank. the t-5 bleached all the sps out in a few days. sucked

I am not using it right now...it is to long for my biocube and won't fit across my 75G, I really need to buy another one but don't want this 6 bulb aquaticlife to just sit

I know and that's why I raised the light and put my screen top on which dims the light a bit...I moved my candy cane and chalice into shaded spots

my gonipora is dying but my stupid Goby pair loves to throw sand on it no matter where I put it lol

gotcha. you know what your doing. lol i had to trade my goby and shrimp for that reason. made the lil tank a snow globe. hopefully putting them in the shade will make them stop and make a full recovery.

So nothing new really, corals aren't really growing which is disappointing...I still have he lights at 12 inches from the surface

my Acans are kind of shriveled up and the chalice looks the same...

I keep my hands out of the tank and started doing a WC every 2 weeks instead of every week...since I started doing that I am now getting coralline on all my pumps but nothing else. I still have no algae whatsoever so not sure why I am not getting more coralline or coral growth

I have seen people with their T5's 3 inches from the surface and everything looks fantastic, not sure what I am doing wrong as I have not added a single coral or anything to my tank, my maintenance is on a schedule and the tank is spotless...hate having a bare looking tank but I am not going to spend 100's on coral to have them bleach

Back