Marinne's Reef

here are some pictures of stuff...let me know if you notice anything wrong, the acans look like crap I know

Attachments

• DSC_0055.JPG
    DSC_0055.JPG
    177.9 KB · Views: 287
  • DSC_0056.JPG
    DSC_0056.JPG
    213.1 KB · Views: 256
  • DSC_0054.JPG
    DSC_0054.JPG
    185.3 KB · Views: 286
  • DSC_0053.JPG
    DSC_0053.JPG
    171.3 KB · Views: 281
I know I shouldn't complain, just can't seem to get these beautiful reef tanks everyone has...do you have a blenny Sakura??

I would get one, my little golden blenny is key to my aglae problems and I am sure of it...he never stops

I know I shouldn't complain, just can't seem to get these beautiful reef tanks everyone has...do you have a blenny Sakura??

I would get one, my little golden blenny is key to my aglae problems and I am sure of it...he never stops
No, I don't have one. I was thinking in adding a diamond goby as my next fish and if I can't get rid of the HA soon I'd try increasing the magnesium levels in my tank.

Over the years of keeping aquaria I've learned one thing. The more you tinker with the tank the longer it takes to get it where it wants to be. Every tank goes down a different road with different problems and the one true fix all is patience.

Your corals are looking good, even the acans. Just let them settle in and before you realize it everything will be twice the size it was.

that's just the thing...I never mess with the tank, keep my hands out, don't does anything or add any supplements and haven't changed the light timing since I started

just needs to be more patient I guess

Unfortunately, it does take time and I'm really impatient, too. But they'll start growing, and I'm sure if you look closely, you'll notice little bits of growth here and there.

I need to get more coral it's just so freaking expensive and the weather here doesn't allow for safe travel

I also had to get rid of my Picasso clowns, I initially traded the male for a snowflake to see if the female would except it but she didn't like him either (the big female kept beating the male up and keeping him in a corner for literally months)...I tried the snowflake but she wasn't accepting him even though he submitted so I decided to get rid of her and now only have the one snowflake

also, I got a mated pair of sleeper goby's and now the female made a cave...she hardly ever comes out but only to eat?? is she carrying maybe?? she is also really skinny even though she eats at every meal

So I think my male sleeper Goby died, he was getting super skinny and hiding all the time...I had a mated pair in the tank for about a month, they never fought and went everywhere together but all of a sudden they started fighting???

I just tested the nitrates and am getting a reading of 10ppm, I haven't had above 0 since I set the tank up so it has to be it...there is no phosphates or algae in the tank

ph is 8.0
calcium 440
temp 79
salinity 1.024
very light bioload: 1 clown, 1 goby, 1 small blenny, 1 cardinal, 1 pigmy angel and a yellow tang who is only about 2 inches...all my fish are super small and no one fights

I haven't seen the goby in 4 days

So I think my male sleeper Goby died, he was getting super skinny and hiding all the time...I had a mated pair in the tank for about a month, they never fought and went everywhere together but all of a sudden they started fighting???

I just tested the nitrates and am getting a reading of 10ppm, I haven't had above 0 since I set the tank up so it has to be it...there is no phosphates or algae in the tank

ph is 8.0
calcium 440
temp 79
salinity 1.024
very light bioload: 1 clown, 1 goby, 1 small blenny, 1 cardinal, 1 pigmy angel and a yellow tang who is only about 2 inches...all my fish are super small and no one fights

I haven't seen the goby in 4 days
I'm very sorry to hear that. :(

it's ok, it happens I guess...maybe he cheated on her

I am getting water ready to do a WC tomorrow, probably do 12 gallons or so

Some updated pics, let me know what you think of the crew

since I got rid of the Picasso clowns, I picked up this guy...markings are awesome!!

last picture is the Tang and he is freaking hilarious, tries to punk me every time I look at the tank...he bull ruses the class and then turns to his side smacking his tail lol

Attachments

• DSC_0080.JPG
    DSC_0080.JPG
    202.6 KB · Views: 246
  • DSC_0089.JPG
    DSC_0089.JPG
    217.9 KB · Views: 280
  • DSC_0094.JPG
    DSC_0094.JPG
    76.8 KB · Views: 271
  • DSC_0096.JPG
    DSC_0096.JPG
    186.8 KB · Views: 257
  • DSC_0119.JPG
    DSC_0119.JPG
    110.4 KB · Views: 246
  • DSC_0129.JPG
    DSC_0129.JPG
    71.9 KB · Views: 281
Looking good:thumbsup:
Are you feeding the flowerpot? Mine bleached a few months ago and I can't get it to color up again but it eats and looks healthy:confused:

I try to, it has been slowly dying despite my efforts, just a freaking hard coral to keep...I feed it phytoplankton and cyclopseez

it has lost prob 50% of it's skeleton but actually seems happy and out what's left...it would never come out for like a month but now does

I try not to feed to much for nitrate reasons but I do spot feed it maybe 2 times a week

In my experience, I've noticed that Flowerpots tend to do better in "dirty" water. More stuff for them to grab on their own without having to be target/spot fed.

Back