Marinne's Reef

Thanks...exotic reefs has nice stuff for great prices, I only paid 60 for that 13 head duncan and not over 20 a piece for the 3 zoa colonies which have great colors and opened already

there are some up above, the Duncan is starting to but my lights aren't on full blast yet

the other thing I a kinda mad about is the fire fish I put in there...he literally never comes out, only to eat one piece of food which is frustrating

so one of my new zoa colonies is not really opening...everything else is doing great and there are no pests on it at all

I had it in a lower light area with medium to high flow and just moved it up another 5 inches with lower flow so we will see

I am only running my AI Sol at 45% max on blues and 40% on whites, it's 10 inches off the surface

They opened almost all the way between 10 and noon then closed a little which is weird...they dont seem stressed and better in this new location so I will give them a few weeks

so is it weird that my female clown is hiding behind the rocks in a cave??? the male is out where he normally is but the female won't come out and keeps looking up at a rock

So I have had this pod explosion over the past 3 days, water is super cloudy and it looks like there is sand flying everywhere even though I have no sand sifter or fish messing with it

I also now have this white stringy crap on some of my rocks and one zoa colony...it is not hydroids, vermitid snails or any other pest as I used dry rock and dipped/inspected every frag thoroughly

what could it be??

Back