Matted File fish or File fish in general

jarock

Reefing newb
My one buddy has a matted file fish it ate all of his aptasia in around a week , i asked a LFS and was told they dont like aptasia and other types of file fish do , does anyone have a file fish that eats it or has had an exspeirence one eating the aptasia.I have tried everything and they come back , even pepperment shrimp but my flamehawk loves to eat them before they eat the aptasia lol.

From what I've seen of the filefish,all corals.At least every one of em I've seem come through the LFS any way.

A copper banded butterfly will also eat aiptasia, should not go after your corals once the aiptasia is gone, but will starve to death instead.

If you dont have alot of aptasia's just grab yourself a bottle of aptasia x and your problems will be solved ..... and you wont have to starve a fish in the process:Cheers:

aptasia X is just a temp fix tried it only went away for a few weeks, i even used calk on them and they still came back which was very surprising

aptasia X is just a temp fix tried it only went away for a few weeks, i even used calk on them and they still came back which was very surprising
It isn't that it's a temporary fix, you have to get all of them with the Aiptasia X. If you miss even one then they'll start reproducing and coming back

I recently got a matted filefish and I can't believe my eyes! It's been in my tank for just about a month now and 500 aptaisia have turned into two. He eats mysis, pellets and unfortunately zoas. No major damage yet but I don't mind some friendly fire in the tank because it sure saves me a lot of time and headaches otherwise. I'll post some updates.

Back