Matt's 20 gallon long

Review on my jabeo wp10. So far I really like it. At the moment it's the only flow I have going in my tank. After fine tuning it I have a nice wave going on from top to bottom constantly moving everything gently. It's set to the highest wave making rate right now and don't think I'd want to go any lower. I placed it in my tank so it will also ripple my surface to create gas exchange as well. This may be hindering the wave effect a little. I'm sure if I re positioned it I may be able to get a little more power out of it. It's hard to tell right now if my sps are getting enough flow, I did move my torch around where my sps are currently sitting just to get a better idea of the flow and it looked like medium flow I would say. My tank is 30" long, I wouldn't recommend it on any longer of a tank on its own to create enough flow for sps. I do however have a koralia 425 and 225 I could and may possibly use along with it. Still debating on that. It's very functional has a ton of settings. 3 constant flow speeds, 3 wavemaker settings and an else mode for random reef flow. At just constant flow mode it's way to powerful for my tank. It's reduced significantly when changed to wave making mode. The reef mode which creates a random flow at different pulses of flow is pretty sweet as well. I really like the feed button that turns the power off for ten minutes to feed then automatically turns back on. Saves me from having to unplug it everyday. The head itself also has a wide range of pivoting ability both up and down and side to side allowing you to set it up just right. It's very tiny only about 3 " and it's dead silent. The control comes with a sticky pad on the back to allow you to mount it where you want. All my corals really seem to like the flow. Except my mushrooms for some odd reason really shrunk up when I added the wave. My fish were a bit confused at first as well but they are getting used to it. One thing I don't like is how open the propeller blade opening is in the front. Might just be me being paranoid but I find myself constantly watching when it turns back on after feeding that nothing living is in there. My six line could easily put his head in there if he wanted. With the bigger models and fish that perch a lot could be an issue. For the price you cant go wrong, i do wish it had a little more power in wave mode for my current setup but im sure a wp25 would be way to much. Id reccomend it to anyone with a nano tank. ;)

also heres some info on its settings since mine didnt come with any instructions. :thumbsup:

Jebo Modes
Press the 'MODE' button to cycle through the selection of functions.
H1 H2 H3: High, constant, non-variable flow (4000LPH / 3000L / 2000L)
L: Low, constant, non-variable flow at a third of the speed (2000 LPH)
W1: Short pulses which, when timed correctly will create a back and forth motion and form a gentle standing wave in your tank. Adjust the controller to change the speed of the pulses and vary the size of the wave according to your tank.
S1 to S3 Mode: Based on the W1 Wavebox function provides 100% 75% and 50% Wave
W2 & W3: Pump gradually speeds up and slows down incrementally to create a varied flow pattern. Adjustable to form the wave best suited to your tank.
Else: Reef Stream Mode, a mixed, changing pattern that creates a random flow cycle similar to what you would find in a natural reef.
Feed: Press the 'FEED' button once, the blue '10min' light will illuminate indicating that the pump has been stopped for 10 minutes. When the time has elapsed, the light will go off and the pump will be turned back on. Alternatively, press the 'FEED' button again to start the pump.
Lock: To prevent changes from inadvertently occurring by accidentally knocking the adjustable control knob, press and hold the 'FEED' button for 5 seconds. The red 'LOCK' light will illuminate and the control knob will no longer function. Press and hold the 'LOCK' light for a further 5 seconds to disable this feature.

New sps a blue acropora millepora. ALso got a new Purple monti and another type of monti. Pics to come sometime soon.
20140315_134600-1_zpszqotqohn.jpg

Back