Matt's 20 gallon long

Ok point taken....Well thanks. I returned it since its right down the road from me. Thats what i get for dealing with the "other guy" there instead of my normal one. I returned it and the normal guy i buy from was starting and he told me that one wasnt even for sale due to its condition.....anyways he gave me a free green feather duster for my trouble. So its all good. He has plans on trying to nurse it back to health. Hopefully i didnt stress it too much.

I'm glad he took it back and have you something else...you can't beat free. Congrats on the new fishie too. Your tank looks nice.

Thanks Smitty! He seems pretty happy, he ate at feeding time. Mainly just looks like hes exploring the tank slowley. Him and the clown seem unseperable at the moment.

New here and admiring your set up. I have a 24 gal. Nano Deluxe that I have "encorporated" into a 55 gal. I look forward to seeing how yours matures. MInes at about 2 months and the back glass already has coralline algae all over it--at it's filled with copeds. It really helped having a mature tank involved in the new set-up.

I know there are white species of anemones such as this one: Saltwater Aquarium Invertebrates for Marine Reef Aquariums: Condy Anemone but...it's still not recommended for a reef tank.

I had a Clownfish that loved to swim in my Pulse coral. Maybe give that a try!

Thanks Tahoe, i read there is such things as white anemones as well but they typically wouldnt be found in aquariums or for sale. I found out the hard way. Luckily nothing bad happened thanks to the nice ppl on this site. i'll keep an eye out for your posts as well to see how your tank comes along :)

The nem pictured in that link is also a very unhealthy looking animal. Last spring I was very fortunate to go down to the Caribbean where the Condy nems come from. All of the ones I saw (which was easily a few hundred) were a light to dark brown, which is exactly what the healthy ones look like too in the home tank.

A white nem means it has expelled its symbiotic algae and is no longer capable of feeding itself. Nems only do this when they are exposed to extremely stressful situations, and its not a good for their survival.

However, whites nems are commonly sold because they look "pretty" especially to inexperienced hobbiest who probably shouldnt have a nem in their tank in the first place.

Case and point right here Little_fish ...thanks lol j/k. He had to talk to me into taking it. I kind of didnt want too didnt think i was ready or my tank but he said it would be fine. Ahhh salesmen how do you sleep at night?

Last edited:
Im sorry :( but its true :( I cant even being to tell you how many times Ive opened up a thread about a dying nem to hear that story, and just like you, often time they are sold the nem as a rare, special variety.

But you did the right thing, so you are still an awesome reefer in my book! :D

Why ty, i have to give recognition to Erin and Waddi for pointing it out to me though. Without their knowledge i could have had a distaster on my hands. So props to them.

Ahh we are all here for eachothers benefit! :D
Glad we could be of help! But keep up the good work, earned major respect from me today! ;)

I do agree returning it is best. If the demand isn't there, they won't be sold. I'm not a fan of anemones in general.

I look forward to photographs of your new additions!

Its easy to listen to a pretty girl :) lol. No but you guys were quick with responses and right to the point. I really appreciate it. thanks again. :)

Some recent pics from Dec.17th
IMG_20111217_171632.jpg

Goby-won
IMG_20111217_171553.jpg

my green feather duster and some new zoas i added, havnt fully opened up yet.
IMG_20111217_171000.jpg

my devils hand has doubled in size since new lights.
IMG_20111217_171106.jpg

IMG_20111217_171057.jpg

IMG_20111217_171451.jpg

Back