Matt's 20 gallon long

http://youtu.be/u2gtcH88sUo

Thanks guys. Appreciate it. I think ive got too much flow on my torch take a look, i think i need to tone it down. Also you can see at the base of the tentacles its really ballooned up from the skeleton. Is this normal? A sign of anything perhaps. I toned the flow down quite a bit until i get some feedback. ty

Wow that was super quick LF ty. So the "ballooned up part" thats totally normal? And is it an issue the flow is constantly pushing it in one direction?

Great news! thanks :) Im kind of hoping my clowns dont host it since i hear it has a possibility to irritate the coral. Although i wouldnt complain if they did. I feel my tank is really coming to life. Think i may need a bigger one soon..

New coral i got yesterday. A big ass colony of Blastomussa merletti. Price was right and the look awesome. A piece broke off as i was putting it in, but that didnt hinder it at all. Also got some shaving brush algae as well. After my 25% weekly water change i took out some live rock too, for a more open sand bed. A small piece in the back and a big flat one in the front. Planning on getting some type of sand sifting goby soon. Not sure what kind yet. Oh ya what is that thing in the top left of the blasto in the first pic? Kinda looks like a Mushroom maybe.

IMG_20120115_152158.jpg

IMG_20120115_152148.jpg

IMG_20120115_152207-1.jpg

Hey all, I have never had any clowns that have hosted anything nor have i ever really tried to get them to host. But i came home today to find them, what i assume to be hosting my torch coral. Which is fine. My torch does seem to be irratated. My torch which normally looks like this :
IMG_20120124_102625.jpg

Now (refer to video)
VID_20120127_181326.mp4 video by Banky29 - Photobucket
looks well irritated. So is this in fact them hosting it. Is there a better then average chance my torch will just get used to it, and open up fully again? Or perhaps a possibility my clowns will give up if the torch continues to remain partially closed. Even noe as i watch them they cant seem to get enough of it lol. ITs cute,

Last edited:
Ya, they are hosting it and the torch looks pretty unhappy. I would either move the torch or try and provide it some protection from the clowns.

It must have just happened today while i was at work. So there is no way the torch will get used to it, and they can all live happily togeather? Im pretty set where everything in my tank is. I glued my torch down and would hate to move it since it has always seemed so happy where it is. Perfect flow and light for it. Also where it is located it would be hard to put some form of protection over it.

Awww man, thanks Hannah. i'll maybe give it tonight. Check in the a.m and see if it has adjusted. If not, I'll have think of something. I was kind of excited to come home and see it though.

That's cool about the clowns hosting but also sucks...my clowns did this to my plate coral recently and the plate hates it. I'm wasn't willing to get rid of the clowns so I set up a 10g nano for my plate coral. Lol who's kidding. I just needed an excuse to set up another tank ;)

Im with you Brittany, another tank would be aweeeesome. Though i came home today and found that my clowns were still bumping and grinding my torch. However my torch, well two of her heads were pretty much fully opened, the bottom one, however, not so much. I also seen something rather odd. The female clown was sucking on the tentacles...now despite the many of jokes/puns i could make about this :) i wont. Just wondering if this is normal.I see she is swimming with her mouth open as well. Maybe got stung? Here is another video. Quality gets better as my phone adjusts.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tru20YQpbzE&list=HL1327770575&feature=mh_lolz"]VID_20120128_114748.wmv - YouTube[/ame]

Would just like some opinions on how the torch is looking now compared to how it was and the female clowns behaviour please.

Back