Matty 150g Cube Dream Tank

Sorry for the loss; the rocks sitting in standing water will definitely do it. Got to keep it oxygenated or you will have a lot of die off; to be honest dipping it in fresh water probably didnt help and if anything, made it worse by killing whatever was left over. If that was the case, it was definitely an ammonia spike.

Good thing is youre not over the hobby and want to start over; bad news is that you learned the hard way like most of us have through trial and error.

Looking forward to the new build in the future.

Thanks buddy. It was fresh saltwater. I don't think it would have made a differences. Yea wish I would have know it would have cycled. I would have waited for the fish and coral. :banghead: lol
So sad. You had some gorgeous pieces. :( Glad you're starting another tank.
Thanks Angie. A buddy of mine goes down to Miami with some friends with some big cash $3k and buy a ton of high end coral he's going to be growing out. So, I'll get some more. Be a lil longer now with a mortgage tho. Lol
Sorry to hear about the tank bro I'm not looking forward to my move because this is just my luck. But can't wait to see what comes of the rimless.

Thanks Kurt. Good luck with your move when is again? The rimless build is going to be awesome. Pair of radions and mp's can't get any better. Lol

Thanks buddy. It was fresh saltwater. I don't think it would have made a differences. Yea wish I would have know it would have cycled. I would have waited for the fish and coral. :banghead: lol

Thanks Angie. A buddy of mine goes down to Miami with some friends with some big cash $3k and buy a ton of high end coral he's going to be growing out. So, I'll get some more. Be a lil longer now with a mortgage tho. Lol

Thanks Kurt. Good luck with your move when is again? The rimless build is going to be awesome. Pair of radions and mp's can't get any better. Lol

Hey bro sorry I'm just now getting back to this. The move has been pushed to after my lady and I get married on Oct 26th

Just went through the whole thread, so sorry to hear about your tank. Make that 57gal amazing now.

I had one question though, how did the corals react to your Ecoray led's? Did they like them?

I have those and had them on my tank before, but I didnt dive into corals like I want to when I restart it.

Just went through the whole thread, so sorry to hear about your tank. Make that 57gal amazing now.

I had one question though, how did the corals react to your Ecoray led's? Did they like them?

I have those and had them on my tank before, but I didnt dive into corals like I want to when I restart it.

thanks. it sucks big time.
the coral were great. i had a ton of growth from everything: sps, zoas, and lps. the only thing i didnt like was that they weren't dimmable. you'll have no problem keeping any coral. just make sure you accumulation then slowly under the lights. gl any pics?

thanks. it sucks big time.
the coral were great. i had a ton of growth from everything: sps, zoas, and lps. the only thing i didnt like was that they weren't dimmable. you'll have no problem keeping any coral. just make sure you accumulation then slowly under the lights. gl any pics?

Check out my build thread, not many pics yet. Im still building the stand and once that's done ill have it up and running within a week. Ive had the Ecoray's for a few years now, but my last set up I hated my filtration system and didn't have the time/money/patience to remove it and replace it so I never got into corals much.

This tank though im going all out. Im waiting on my mp40's and will be getting my sump tank soon. After that all I have to do is build out the sump, clean the display tank, and put in plumbing. Im hoping to have it up and running within 3 weeks. Excited to get some corals in there too.

Back