Maxi-jet 1200

SSalty

Team Liquid Force
Holy water flow batman:surfing:

This thing rocks, but I guess anything is better than my power sweep I had in there before.

They are good, but try a mod them thing give serius flow. With the mod you get 1200 GPH. You only need one for a 55 though.

I have 2 Maxi-jet 1200's in my 72g. Theres a mod kit out on the market but imo theres better powerheads out there that are just a little more money. Maxi-jets have a high flow and definetly a upgrade from a powersweep. the only thing i dont like about the Maxi-jets is you dont get a large area of water flow. better put, it pumps alot of water but it's a small stream. were as most of your better powerheads pump over a larger area of water and you dont get as many dead spots for algea to grow and you dont get really strong currents in some areas and very little current in others.

the mods are great makes maxi jets into a tunze type powerhead i use 2 low flow mods in my 125 gallon. Hey bobby a high flow kit for 1200 has more flow than a seio 2600 so i think mods boost up to 2000 gph.

NewbReefer said:
I have 2 Maxi-jet 1200's in my 72g. Theres a mod kit out on the market but imo theres better powerheads out there that are just a little more money. Maxi-jets have a high flow and definetly a upgrade from a powersweep. the only thing i dont like about the Maxi-jets is you dont get a large area of water flow. better put, it pumps alot of water but it's a small stream. were as most of your better powerheads pump over a larger area of water and you dont get as many dead spots for algea to grow and you dont get really strong currents in some areas and very little current in others.

put 2 maxi jet modded 900 low flows in your tank and you will be amazed, no dead spots i bet.

You know D I think your right, I remember reading it now that it gives 2000 GPD I guess I came up with 1200 because it a maxijet 1200. I have the one in my tank with a aquaclear 4000 and I have great flow.

Back