Maxspect LEDs?

im sure the 93 cube is much larger than my 50 but i love my acan lights, i have the prisim module and i really like it, it is has independent timers to run my personal combo of dawn/day/dusk/moonlight series, its dimmable so i can set it as blue or as white as id like, and with the multiple colors of other leds it really makes corals shine..i dont know what it would take to light your cube, but i thought id put it out there.. especially since im the only one (i believe?) on this forum with acan lights, it comes complete with the hanging kit as well as mounting kit included, and their customer service is legendary.

as far as ecoray goes IMO i wouldnt, i think theyre kind of ugly, and not dimmable which could be annoying to find the best hanging height.. however they have incredible results

and i dont know anything about the maxspect, sorry

Kilo thanks so much for your input. Those do look like some nice LEDs. Do you know what the dimensions of your tank are and what size acan led do you have on yours? How is the spread on these lights?

Ahhh, I know what you're going thru. I debated for weeks about which LED's I wanted to get to replace the AquaticLife T5 fixture on my 180g. I was looking at the Maxspect Mazarra, the Ecoxotic Panorama Pro, and the AI Sol lighting systems. I was almost ready to go with the Maxspect but went with AI Sol in the end. For me it came down to the fact that in many of the reviews of the Maxspect LED's the users all loved the lights themselves but said that the mounting system left alot to be desired. Being that I needed a system I could mount directly on my tank instead of hanging from the ceiling that made my decision for me. I couldn't be happier with the Sol's and wish I would have went that route in the first place instead of spending a whole lot of money on a T5 fixture that I originally got. Good luck with your decision.

I have the PRISM, on my 24x24 cube and so far I've got nothing bad to say about this light, all my corals have colored up, everything is really happy. The spread is awesome they have 75 degree angled optics to maximize spread. No cooling ran so its completely silent, Here is a forum section dedicated to acan lights ACAN LIGHTING - Manhattan Reefs
Youll probably have to get a larger model then me though, I don't think it will cover yours

Forgot shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=77&category_id=17&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=27

Not sure on the coverage for a 30x30 as am I not totally familar with the Maxspect fixtures, but they are definitely a legitimate player in LED fixtures

I love the acan lighting but I think I need a 24in fixture which is over 1200 bucks...I could get two maxspects for 950. Good thing the tank still needs to cycle while I go back and forth on the lighting lol. I want something legit but I can't break the bank.

I went to an expo and got mine for just under $600 saved me $150.. But yea the bigger models are much more costly

I would need multiple sols and they are costly also lol. I know anything is going to be costly but I don't want to spend a grand.

You're lighting a 30x30 area correct? How much room above the tank do you have for mounting the lights? I have Sols covering a 24x24 area at 12 inches above the water no problem. While two would be ideal, I think you could get away with one, especially if you were to hang it 14 inches or so above the water. They recently dropped the price on the Sol fixtures because of the new one that is supposed to come out, I think the Sols are ~$400 a fixture now

Yea it's 30x30. I have lots of room above the tank but I might have trouble hanging bc the ceiling is very high. I would have to hang it off of braces off the stairs. Here's a pic of th Tank and it's location. I have skylights so hanging it from the ceiling is a no go.

80f694e1.jpg

This is why I'm thinking the maxspects would be good bc they come with a mounting frame. Maybe my husband can build some kind of mount above the tank to sit them on?

I'm gonna suggest going with a couple of multispectrum PAR38 bulbs instead. Dana had a post on here a few weeks back about them and I think they are a nice option for non-rectangular tanks. You can suspend several to really maximize coverage and still only spend a few hundred. And I think they look really sleek with some of the pendant lighting about the tank (check out the end of Dana's thread for some pics that he and I were chatting about).

As an owner of the AIs, and as someone who is now contemplating adding more DIY LEDs to compensate for the missing spectrum in the AIs and subsequent color loss in my corals, I'd strongly recommend that if you go with one of the major LED players that you make sure you get a fixture that has more than just white/blue/royal blue in the mix. I don't know what the acan lighting or maxspects have for spectrum options. It is the other reason I suggest going with a full spectrum Par38 bulb. Or you could make your own fixture through Rapid LED which now offers the 3w UV bulbs with optics. Then you aren't having to pay for something like the radions, but can still get the spectrum that you need. Just my :twocents:

Thanks fishy for the input. I didn't really think about the par38 bc I have such a big area to light. But I will look into it. The maxspects are full spectrum but I I can find a better deal I'm up for it lol. I will deff check out rapid led.

Back