maybie 35g reef?

I personaly like zoas and would like to have them in the tank but, unless they lose there fear of zoas i cant have them in the tank :frustrat:

If you get to a point of wanting to frag them, you can do so under water and that way even if they do squirt it won't harm you or anyone else near you. I was really nervous about paly toxin when I first got mine, and I've never seen mine squirt. I'm sure if I pushed down hard on them they might, but as long as I'm not too rough with them I'm not at all concerned.

Like Ted said, the volume of the sump won't matter to the DT. especially just 1 gallon. You should consider upping the size of the refugium too, that way you can host a nice DSB and some good cheato. Even just a 5 gal bucket would suffice, but be careful with water flow in there, low flow is good in a refugium. Maybe consider one of the waterfall filtration things. Those work awesome, I was blown away with how much algae that thing caught.
You want at least 1lb per gallon of live rock, but it's best to go higher if you can fit it.
For lights, I use the 120 watt LED's you'll find on ebay from china. I buy from super qui-qui, and get great deals on dimmable lights (this is a necessity, these lights are so bright, you NEED to be able to adjust the blue/white ratio, or tone them down all together.)

Are you planning on coral? because if not you don't really need LED's and could get by with some lower end lights with just fish... and if you are planning coral be careful with the Angelfish, i've had issues with them eating zoa's and stuff. They are hit or miss with this, but it sucks when they nibble 5$ of coral here and there.

Thank you all for the help so far :bowdown:

So far this is what i would like.
Lighting: 36" Aquarium T5 HO Light 156W LED Reef Fish Coral w Timer CE | eBay

Skimmer: not sure yet

Refugium: 1g HOB

40# of dry rock and 10# of live

30-40# of sand

stock:
2 fire fish
2 clownfish
1 flame angel (if the flame angel doesn't work out i might go for a coral beuty)
1 yellow watchmen gobie
1 pincushion urchin

CUC
hermit crabs
snails
shrimp
and maybie a bristle star?

Coral
Soft coral
mushrooms
and a few LPS

All look good?