Meet Scarlett :)

U4BOYZ

Got Fish?
Got a red flame scallop yesterday. Seems to be doing well. Anyone have any tips from experience? Thanks.

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_8477.jpg
    IMG_8477.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 572
Richard from TBS tossed in two of them with all the stuff he sent me. Shockingly, one of them is still alive.
They're filter feeders so they need good flow and lots of stuff floating around for them to feed on. They'll also move around on their own and settle wherever they choose. I feed Rod's Food because it has a bunch of stuff in it, and i've been alternating between PhytoFeast and E.S.V. Spray Dried Marine Phytoplankton every other day or so.

Good luck! :)

Thanks. I'm doing PhytoFeast myself...I've never heard of the spray dried stuff. I'll look into it. Thanks for the help.

I'm happy to report ohnonemo that my Idol is still doing very well. Gobbles everything in sight...and has even enjoyed a few of my corals. Oops! I keep a very close eye on him...I haven't even had him a week....but he does appear to have settled in nicely. No fighting with the others and eats plenty everyday! :)

reef nutrition has rotofiers and oyster eggs. that will work great for blowing by the scallop to try and help feed it

Last edited:
Good thought. I already have oyster eggs in my fridge. Don't we all?! :) I'm going to try to spot feed it today...

Had one of these for a while several months before I got scared about killing it and returned it. He will move a lot, and does like a good current. Spot feeding him every two or three days should keep him happy though.

Good luck with both of your new family members!

I have tried two of them. Both died within a couple months from starvation. IMO these should be left in the ocean since they are so hard to keep. But, hopefully you will break away from the bad experiences and be succesful.

I have tried two of them. Both died within a couple months from starvation. IMO these should be left in the ocean since they are so hard to keep. But, hopefully you will break away from the bad experiences and be succesful.

Can I ask you what you fed them? I'm thinking of spot feeding them a combination of oyster eggs and phytofeast. Thoughts? Thanks.

I do appreciate the feedback...even if it doesn't come with the best of stories. :( I'm still opptomistic...probably foolishy so!

Back