Melonbob's 46g build!

Melonbob

Reef enthusiast
I figured I'd start a post here, and put all my pics and stuff in one thread instead of flooding the newbie section, I have nothing to add at this point, for those who haven't been looking at my threads I'm starting a 46G bowfront. This is my first tank, as so far everything is going well. We have about a dozen snails, three hermits, an emerald crab, two clowns and an anthelia we just dropped in last night. So far its been a great experience!

OK, the beginning....A bag of LS and some seed from the LFS

Oct2007010.jpg

Our LR, 50 lbs Fiji Tatoka

Thetank003.jpg

Thetank005.jpg

Our first kick at Aquascaping

Thetank007.jpg

Our Second.......

Thetank048.jpg

Our final?????

TheNewlights009.jpg

Our first additions....exciting snails!!!

snails028.jpg

Then there was of course Shampoo and Conditioner!

November2007015.jpg

November2007013.jpg

Our Emerald Crab.....the murderer!!!

TheNewlights006.jpg

And our first Coral, an Anthelia....

OurfirstCoral016.jpg

Thats all for now!

My stats as of Nov 30/07

Ph 8.2
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 0
Ammonia 0
Phosphate 0 or .25 can't tell (first time doing this test)
Calcium 460
Alk 12dKH (Is this bad?)

sponges. no big deal. expect to see all kinds of stuff sprouting up in your tank. great pics. I do like the aquascaping. add more and take pics

-Doc

Thanks again all, I'd like to get some more of it, but it is my understanding I have to add slowly now that my tank is cycled. The place I got it from is four hours away, so if I'm going to make another trip I'd like it to be for a large batch again. I'm just wondering if I can cycle in a rubbermaid, and how much more would fit in my tank and still look good. There is 50 lbs in there now, it is pretty light stuff

You sure can cure it in a rubbermaid tub and then add it to your tank when it's done curing. I would add another 50 lbs. I like the way 2 lbs per gallon looks.

Back