Melonbob's 46g build!

Well, we had our first R.I.P. on Christmas Eve. One of our nameless shrimp up and kicked the bucket. Instantly too. Just booting around the tank, climbing on rock and he fell off, twitched out and dropped dead. I was nervous about shrimp too. Funny, the other one seems to be doing fine. Anyways, we tried to call the LFS on the 24th, he called back and said he would do something for us as we brought in our water for testing the day we picked them up. Anyways, all else is fine, although we though our emerald died too, he had actually molted.

shrimp can be tough. they don't tolerate water changes well, especially temp and quality

-Doc

Fug! Uggo the Sea Hare is no longer with us. My neice noticed he hadn't moved in at least a day.......any guesses why? I plucked him out and noticed a tiny bit of ink come out of his ass. Am I doomed now? I heard these things can be toxic once they croak.....damn two fatalities in two weeks.....

Sorry, I wasn't really asking a question when I said any guesses why, I meant any guesses why he hadn't moved in a day.......

Haven't done tests, did a 10% change today, and changed my filters, will do testing tomorrow night

''bit of ink come out of his ass''[to funny]

I hope Uggo passing don't cause any serious problems.Run carbon and lots of it for a few days at least.

Hate to hear about your hare.

If all it released is a little bit and your water didnt become ink colored,then your fish should be fine.

a squirt is not that big of a deal. it may effect what was near the squirt, but I don't think you are in trouble. sorry for your loss

-Doc

Well, the latest......

Frogspawn died.....that was a bummer. everything else has been fine for a few weeks now, so I picked up a green trumpet. 4 heads on it, pretty nice

I will, its just we've all been so sick, I've really been doing bare minimum as far as the tank goes. I'll get some picks tomorrow

OK, heres some new pics as promised.....

TankPics005.jpg

TankPics002.jpg

TankPics001.jpg

The pics arent the greatest, I'm not sure why they didn't turn out brighter.....

what kind of lights you using, and i know some people like to but i think tank does better with a open top tank looks like you have a glass lid on yours. Gets hard to keep clean plus you'll get some poor light quality to tank and corals and that could contribute to algae problems.

I have the glass top on only till I get some good eggcrate. I'm worried labout my firefish being a jumper. Lighting is decent, I have a nova extreme 4X39w and a coralife 2X21w, it was my camera settings that make it look dimmer. Corals are all doing good at this point, but I am doing a water change tonight and adding carbon to clean things up a bit. This is my first tank and everyone comments on my rock, it was a better find than I knew at the time!

I'm sure I said this a hundred times already but those are just awesome,awesome rocks.Everything looks nice and healthy.Yeah,leave the glass top on until you get something else.You don't want firefish jerky.

Back