Mesh Lid.

Thanks for the pic! Looks good! Are the frames aluminum? I saw at bulk reef supply that they are aluminum. Does aluminum rust?

Yes its aluminum the one I got is resistant to rust as it is used for screen porch frames so its weather resistant. I havent seen any rust but even if it does its so easy to make a new one its no big deal. The kit I bought had enough for my 2 pieces and still leftovers to do it again if needed and it was only like 10 bucks or something

If you can find the frames that fit your tank, sure. I just bought those parts from home depot to make a few covers. The 8 feet long framing bars for $4 each. Corners are $2 for 4. A bucket of spline, should be good enough to make more than 5 frames, for $10. A rollerknife for $8.

The total cost to making 5+ frames, $50. The joy of actually trying something new and making them, priceless! :D

Any cutting tools you have. They are plasticgy like. Any saw with fine teeth will do. I just happen to have a dremel rotary tool around and I use it to cut it. The line is not as straight as I like but it's close enough since the edge just needs to be plug into the corner thingy.

I'm planing to get this and an extra thing of corners. The thing is, I think it's made out of metal. I don't think I'll be able to cut that with a hand saw...

Back