Messing with my patience

jb61264

Reefing newb
I know that this hobby demands a great deal of patience and I have it...but I ordered my brand new 36" Nova Extreme light on Monday 1/7 from Dr. Foster and Smith...it was supposed to be here last Friday 1/11 and as of today 1/15, the FedEx tracking system shows its stuck somewhere in St. Paul, MN...freaking FedEx dipsticks...I am so flipping mad :frustrat: I want my light!!!

Foster and Smith called about 30 minutes ago and confirmed with FedEx that my light was "lost in the mail"...Foster and Smith are sending another via 2nd day shipment so looks like I'll have something on Thursday.

Somebody at FedEx must have really wanted a 36" Nova Extreme light too

Now that's messed up that they can just steal something without it being traced to that individual who stole it. I dont think it got "lost".

Bastards. Now i understand your anger.

What do you get when you use FedEx or UPS? you get FedUp!!! :frustrat:

At least Foster and Smith is coming through with crediting my shipping charge and paying to have another shipped 2nd day air...THAT is great customer service and from what I've read others say about them, they have great customer service...I would concur

Hate to hear about your light.That sux.
Maybe whoever stole it will drop it their tank and fry all their livestock.

LOL its funny to think that some reefer was desperate enough to jack that light. LOL

Some fedex reefer ha ha ha

He is all like "shit i got bills and a reef tank, I'm gonna jack that light" LOL

I'm not surprised they're being so good about replacing it -- they do have excellent customer service. But be warned -- I can nearly guarantee that at least one of the bulbs is going to arrive broken! I think there are very few people here that have ordered lights online that have arrived in one piece! It's just the way it goes.

I'm not surprised they're being so good about replacing it -- they do have excellent customer service. But be warned -- I can nearly guarantee that at least one of the bulbs is going to arrive broken! I think there are very few people here that have ordered lights online that have arrived in one piece! It's just the way it goes.

Biffs right about the bulbs.But if you'll call them as soon as you open the box,they'll usually send you a new bulb over night at no cost to you.

I'm hoping since they are shipping this one 2nd day air freight that it might have a slightly better chance of having no bulbs broken...but yes, I'm sort of expecting a bulb or two to be broken...sigh...oh well, F&S gave me a credit on the shipping to be applied towards my next purchase.

Anybody order livestock from F&S?...what luck have you had with them in that respect?

Yeah, I've ordered cleaner crews, corals and fish from them. They have an "arrive alive" guarantee on most things, no questions asked. I have absolutely no complaints about them regarding livestock and would highly recommend them for that.

I guess i'm one of the lucky ones. I just received my fixture from foster and smith today, shipped via fed-ex, and not one broken bulb.

Way to jinx his lights.It took three tries before I got a fixture that wasn't damaged.

Back