MH Light, T5 Lights, or CF lights???

these cheap light fixtures on ebay are NOT worth the money. I had a small 20 gallon aquarium with a high end power compact fixture and had a load of soft and lps corals that did great. I thought I would upgrade to t5 lights and purchased the exact fixture you're looking at from ebay. Corals began to die almost right away.

These fixtures are cheap and come with odyssea bulbs and don't work well at all. I even spent another $100 ordering 4 new bulbs, the purple fiji, super blue actinic 10k and another actinic+ and they still didn't bring my corals back. I'm not sure if it's the lack of reflectors, cheap ballasts or just an overall cheap fixture but this light was a waste of money!

I've learned the hard way several times now when you try to take the cheap road you end up paying for it later. Just wait and buy a more expensive higher quality light fixture instead of wasting money on one of these ebay lights and even more money on coral that won't make it...

just my 2 cents...

these cheap light fixtures on ebay are NOT worth the money. I had a small 20 gallon aquarium with a high end power compact fixture and had a load of soft and lps corals that did great. I thought I would upgrade to t5 lights and purchased the exact fixture you're looking at from ebay. Corals began to die almost right away.

These fixtures are cheap and come with odyssea bulbs and don't work well at all. I even spent another $100 ordering 4 new bulbs, the purple fiji, super blue actinic 10k and another actinic+ and they still didn't bring my corals back. I'm not sure if it's the lack of reflectors, cheap ballasts or just an overall cheap fixture but this light was a waste of money!

I've learned the hard way several times now when you try to take the cheap road you end up paying for it later. Just wait and buy a more expensive higher quality light fixture instead of wasting money on one of these ebay lights and even more money on coral that won't make it...

just my 2 cents...

Wow.. that stinks!! Sorry to hear about that.. but thanks for helping us out!

How about these lights: http://www.marinedepot.com/AquaticL...xtures-AquaticLife-AK01138-FILTFIT54U-vi.html They have really good reviews. :)

Last edited:
I'm looking to get the Odyssea 48" 216W (4x 54W) T5 HO Light Fixture, is this brand Odyssea good? dose some one here use this brand??

I have a question about halides. If my house is at 78, will a fan still be enough to keep the temperature down?

to put led's over a 75 will be nowhere near that expensive. there are many fixtures around 150 bucks and you only would need 2 to light up your tank.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Lighting-EVER-Aquarium-Fixture-Pressure/dp/B005FU5VWM]Amazon.com: Lighting EVER 90 Watt UFO LED Aquarium Light Fixture, 400W High Pressure Sodium or Metal Halide Grow Light, White & Blue: Home Improvement[/ame]

this ones only 190

if you dont want to spend too much you cant focus on getting name brands, sure quality is better but you get what you pay for. these will grow coral but they arent made as well as the thousand dollar ones.

Back