Mh Lights

Nemo10

www.facebook.com/mupulo
Hey guys i got the ballast for my Mh lights today. Only problem is the fish dont seem to lick it. They are all hiding once i turned them on kinda like its too bright for them. Is there something i can do or is the light to bright for the fish?

I sure hope your fish ain't LICKING that new light.:mrgreen:
You need to start the new halide on a reduced photoperoid to give the fish a chance to get used to it and to diminish the ensuing algae blooms.:D

Thanks :) I just wasnt sure. I know with coral you have to "Aclimate" them to the light so i wasnt sure with fish.. Damnit yote lol did you say algea bloom? whats that supposed to mean i just got rid of all the damn algea lol..

Algea needs both ligh and nutrients to grow. It is possible that with your old lights, that the algea couldnt grow but with the new lights, it will grow. Just gotta keep up your water parameters and it will go away. I am still fighting a bloom from when I upgraded to individual reflectors earlier this year. It is slowly fading away.

ah ok.. I had T5s and a huge algea bloom. I scrubbed all the rocks and built a sump along with getting 4 turbo snails. They really take care of business.

I bet they wont LICK that halide to many times. Their little tongues will be blistered to bad.:mrgreen:

Back