mia wrasse

kriskatatstrophic

Reefing newb
i just put in a wrasse like 5 hrs ago and saw him saround eight we i turnd out my lights now hes completly gone i hv no clue were he is i turned the lights back on trying to find him i found my two clowns my chromis my peperment and even one of my emereld crabs but no wrasse.. is he jsut hiding?

would the sand be bumbed up so my sand is prlly only 1 inch deep if more not much is tht enuf for him to hide in i was like what! cas hes prlly like 4.5 inches long i was like how do i loose a fish tht big

Just give him some time. Fish will wedge themselves into places that you'd never think they would be able to fit.

Just to be on the safe side, have you checked the floor? >_>

would the sand be bumbed up so my sand is prlly only 1 inch deep if more not much is tht enuf for him to hide in i was like what! cas hes prlly like 4.5 inches long i was like how do i loose a fish tht big

i checked as much as i cn see but im going to check agen ide be so frigin mad if he jumped ide say it was the stores fault nd get my monwey back

Hahahaha. Spellcheck!!! :bounce:

i checked as much as i cn see but im going to check agen ide be so frigin mad if he jumped ide say it was the stores fault nd get my monwey back

If he jumped, you should have had a lid on your tank IMO. Wrasses sometimes like to jump. Just my :twocents: but it's always a good idea to fully research anything you're going to put in your tank to make sure you can provide a good home for it. To blame poor research on your LFS is doing them a great disservice as a local business. Wrasses also generally need about 2 inches of sand. They'll bury themselves every night when they sleep and they need a sandbed deep enough to make that happen.

Hahah, he's saying that he thinks he should be able to see a lump in the sand where the wrasse is hiding because he doesn't have a deep bed and the fish is large.

okay i dont think you guys have noticed but i can not spell worth a crap..i was trying to say i only have a one inch sand bed would that be enuf for the wrasse to hide in?

okay i dont think you guys have noticed but i can not spell worth a crap..i was trying to say i only have a one inch sand bed would that be enuf for the wrasse to hide in?

OH YEAH we noticed :mrgreen:

And yes,that enough sand for a wrasse to hide in.Or he may have wedged himself into a hole in your rock.Both are normal for a wrasse when they are spooked.Just give him a couple of days and dont be digging around in there.We've already had one member kill a new six-line with a Q-tip.:shock:

i found out were hes hiding he came out this morring and disaperade agen around 7pm he found a nice spot in the corner under a hunk of live rock i didnt see him hide but the sand is all messed up nd u cn see under the rock a littel bit im glad he found a nice home btw i do have a lid i just got scared wen i couldnt find him i rember reading about wrasse hiding but i forgot that wen i lost him just sliped my mind

The burrowing wrasses of interest include those in the Anampses, Coris, Halichoeres, and Macropharyngodon genera. These wrasses hide under the sand at night and/or when frightened.

Actually, this mode of sleeping can be somewhat beneficial in sandbed systems as it stirs up detritus that can then be carried by water currents to the mechanical filter.

Note - some newly introduced specimens can remain buried for hours, sometimes days until they become comfortable with the new photoperiod or their tankmates. Almost all species are diurnal and can be observed during the daytime

Back