Michael Jackson Died

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by PufferGuy, Jun 25, 2009.

1. PufferGuy

PufferGuy

I dont know how many of you know already, but Michael Jackson died just an hour ago or so from cardiac arrest. He was rushed to the hospital but was not able to recover.

Personally I am very sad, aside from all the allegations about child molestation and all that, he was a great singer and deserved his title.

How many of you guys/gals listen and grew up listening to him? Do a lot of you guys like him?

This still blows my mind i cant believe it.

PufferGuy, Jun 25, 2009
    1. Advertisements

2. PufferGuy

stagofdoom Phi Kappa Psi

This is a very sad moment. I will be listening to his Thriller CD tonight.

I liked his earlier stuff and will always like it. I own the CD Thriller and it is definitely worth picking up if you dont have it.

stagofdoom, Jun 25, 2009
    1. Advertisements

3. PufferGuy

BigH55 I'm that guy

My six year old son will rest better now.

BigH55, Jun 25, 2009
  4. PufferGuy

cthegame

Very sad. Im a big fan of his early work and i cant believe he is gone :sad:. RIP Michael!

cthegame, Jun 26, 2009
  5. PufferGuy

Smitty

His passing is truly a shocker:shock:

Smitty, Jun 26, 2009
  6. PufferGuy

dcantucson

Very shocking! They say it happens in threes. Ed, Farrah and now Michael. What a week. They will all be missed.

dcantucson, Jun 26, 2009
  7. PufferGuy

dustin_P74

farrah dieing is now on the back burner because of this. but my question to you guys is, does this really surprise you?

dustin_P74, Jun 26, 2009
  8. PufferGuy

Bifferwine I am a girl

I can't say it does, Dustin. Honestly, they could probably give any cause of death, and it wouldn't be a shocker.

"Strangled alive by a python!" -- oh, well, it was Michael Jackson, you know.
    "Fell out of his private blimp!" -- yeah, that was Michael for ya.
    "Pecked to death by an ostrich!" -- no surprise.
    "Crushed by a giant marble statue of a naked boy!" -- I saw that one coming!

It is shocking because he was so young, but not unexpected because of the way he lived his life. No matter what his professional accomplishments were, I personally find it hard to grieve for the loss of a child molester (and yeah, I know he was acquitted by a court of law, but he was acquitted just like OJ was...).

Bifferwine, Jun 26, 2009
  9. PufferGuy

dustin_P74

me and my brother went back and forth for a good 30 minutes with one liners about his death such as:

i guess the hyperbaric chamber didnt work after all did it?
    i guess he drank too much jesus juice
    the hospital workers probably didnt think he would have the money to pay his bill so they pulled the plug

dustin_P74, Jun 26, 2009
  10. PufferGuy

Bifferwine I am a girl

A coworker of mine said, "Guess God decided it was time for Michael Jackson to Beat It."

Bifferwine, Jun 26, 2009
  11. PufferGuy

mm2meyer

I'm one of the younger guys around here and I LOVE his earlier work. Yes he had his faults, but he really was a true artist in his time. It's sad but if you look at it this way the last song he did that I can think of is the free willy song. Sad but not shocking. Besides, cardiac arrest only means your heart stops beating. I want to know WHAT caused the cardiac arrest. HA and I got you beat stag! I got his virgin vinyl thriller!! But no roundtable to listen to it on. No biggie I got it on Itunes as well.

mm2meyer, Jun 26, 2009
  12. PufferGuy

Bifferwine I am a girl

He was definitely an extremely talented artist, I'm not disputing that. He changed the face of music and will be remembered as one of the greatest and most influential artists of all time. He sure did have enough personal faults that they eventually ended up ruining his career, I think. After all the child molestation stuff, he was never the same. He became a punchline, and the butt of everyone's jokes. "Michael Jackson" as we know him (the Thriller era Michael Jackson), ceased to exist, and he somehow morphed into this weird freakshow plastic surgery alien that liked to sleep with little boys.

Bifferwine, Jun 26, 2009
  13. PufferGuy

mm2meyer

Yeah but if you look at HIS life as a kid, you could understand. I'm not saying this as an excuse for what he's done, that's definately heinous. But what he was subjected to it's easy to see how he came to be that way

mm2meyer, Jun 26, 2009
  14. PufferGuy

dustin_P74

how could anyones childhood make it ok to blow massive amounts of money on a theme park, own a monkey, be accused of sleeping with little boys, and have enough plastic surgery to look like a white woman

dustin_P74, Jun 26, 2009
  15. PufferGuy

Bifferwine I am a girl

Oh yeah, he was totally effed up by his upbringing. He never had the opportunity to be normal, and probably never felt loved... Everyone around him always seemed to be using him, and he was probably surrounded by "yes men" his whole life. It's easy to see how he became what he did.

Bifferwine, Jun 26, 2009
  16. PufferGuy

dcantucson

Correction Dustin: Ugly white woman :lol:

dcantucson, Jun 26, 2009
  17. PufferGuy

cthegame

So did he really Beat It? :mrgreen:

Michael jackson was a child genius. Listen to some of the jackson 5 stuff, he was born to be a star. But that is exactly why he turned out this way, I wouldn't be surprised if these talented, gifted people have borderline insanity issues.

cthegame, Jun 26, 2009
  18. PufferGuy

dustin_P74

he is the ultimate poster boy for child stars gone crazy. lindsey lohan and the home alone kid (dont know how to spell his name) dont even come close to MJ. i guess we can say his life was a thiller

dustin_P74, Jun 26, 2009
  19. PufferGuy

Rcpilot

I used to listen to him when I was a kid. I'm 37 now, so I guess I was listening to him when his Beat It and Thriller were new and popular. When he was still a black man.

Not sorry to see him go though. Who could have predicted the guy would turn into the freak show that he became? I agree with Biff. He was acquitted of the molestation charges just like OJ was acquitted of the murder charges. In my book he was guilty of all those allegations.

I hate to be the hater in the group......... but good riddens...... rot in hell!! Child molesting freak!!

And no, I was never molested as a child, so in case you're wondering where the hate comes from........ it comes from having 2 dear children of my own and knowing what I'd do if some sick SOB raped/molested one of them. He'd never make it to the trial. :chair::goodnight

Last edited: Jun 26, 2009
    Rcpilot, Jun 26, 2009
  20. PufferGuy

dustin_P74

and like biff said him and oj both got found not guilty, i guess you could say that they were both smooth criminals.

i heard that when people came in the room to fine michael laying on the floor they were all yelling "annie are you ok!"

they say he was addicted to prescription medication and he just couldnt beat it

when i look at michael jackson i often have to ask myself is he black or white

no matter how much you like or hate MJ you can never say his music or dancing was bad

once they pronounced him dead did they cover him with a blanket?

Last edited: Jun 26, 2009
    dustin_P74, Jun 26, 2009
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question