Michelle's new 29 gallon

mmfrock

Reefing newb
Hey all,

Cycling finally done and I have added my first fishies! I eventually want to turn this tank into a soft coral tank. I cannot wait to get my first coral...just gotta save some money because i easily spend $100 everytime i order new livestock!

Do you all know what blenny's eat? The lfs said mine would eat pellets but i havent seen him eat any. Then i read online that they eat algae, so i put a seaweed clip in and he didnt eat any of that. So then, i know that blenny's are like dragonettes so i added some reef pods. However, my pods are small...im pretty sure the blenny got some b/c he's much more energetic then when i first got him, but i do not know how long those baby pods will last him since my tank is so new....any ideas?

Attachments

• IMG_4597.jpg
    IMG_4597.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 398
  • IMG_4632.jpg
    IMG_4632.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 905
  • IMG_4591.jpg
    IMG_4591.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 2,712
Hey all,

Cycling finally done and I have added my first fishies! I eventually want to turn this tank into a soft coral tank. I cannot wait to get my first coral...just gotta save some money because i easily spend $100 everytime i order new livestock!

Do you all know what blenny's eat? The lfs said mine would eat pellets but i havent seen him eat any. Then i read online that they eat algae, so i put a seaweed clip in and he didnt eat any of that. So then, i know that blenny's are like dragonettes so i added some reef pods. However, my pods are small...im pretty sure the blenny got some b/c he's much more energetic then when i first got him, but i do not know how long those baby pods will last him since my tank is so new....any ideas?
they last a long time just have a lot of rocks for them to breed, they also eat finely cut meaty foods and vitamin-enriched brine shrimp
:^:

I like the rock setup :)

Thank you. Well i do feed the clownfish brine and mysis so hopefully if that falls to the sand the blenny will get it. And my tank is full of rock so hopefully those pods will grow and multiply! Thank you!

Thank you. Well i do feed the clownfish brine and mysis so hopefully if that falls to the sand the blenny will get it. And my tank is full of rock so hopefully those pods will grow and multiply! Thank you!

Just wondering if your tank is done cycling why is it so cloudy?

in a new tank that scooter blenny is going to be hard to keep . they mainly eat pods and in a new tank there wont be any for him other then what you put in, on the occasion you can get them to eat some mysis..

Scooter blennies are not actual blennies, like you said theyre dragonettes. They don't eat algae and 90% of the time they only eat live food like pods. Since you're in MD you should check out Mr. Coral, they have very nice frags and are very cheap.

Hi, Thanks for asking. My water was cloudy because a power head suction cups failed and the power head hit the sand and stirred everything up! The cycle is done, thank you!

I put pods and in actually he's been getting some mysis shrimp about one a day so far, im hoping he'll catch on and start eating more. So far he's doing ok, i'll keep an eye on him. THanks!

Here's some better pictures i got this weekend...see no more cloudiness!! However, I am really looking into a better protein skimmer...mine is awful.

Attachments

• IMG_4648.jpg
    IMG_4648.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 231
  • IMG_4645.jpg
    IMG_4645.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 210
  • IMG_4650.jpg
    IMG_4650.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 227
I have a red sea hang-on and it's terrible. There is still a huge amount of film on the surface of my water (even with a powerhead breaking the surface).

I live close to Baltimore, so the stores i go to are exotic aquatics and i also travel to thatpetplace in lancaster PA occassionally because they have lots of stuff. Otherwise i just order online, i like liveaquaria.com

Where do you go, your profile says you're close to baltimore too!

Back