Micro bubbles in aquarium

quick

Reefing newb
I have micro bubbles in my aquarium. The aquarium has been running for about 4 months. They are only visible when the metal halides are on. Is this a common occurance and if not what are some solutions to this problem?
Thanks for any replies.

It is hard to say why you have the bubbles. not enough information provided. bubbles are normally caused by either a leak in the return system and small amounts of air being sucked in and distributed into the tank, water moving too fast through the protien skimmer pulling bubbles out of the chamber and into the tank, too much air to the protien skimmer, too slow water movement through pumps such as a restriction on the intake side or visa versa. oxygen given off by algae in the main. hope something here helps. 1st thing is to determine where the bubbles are comming from. welcome to the site and good luck. keep us posted. happy fishin

i had same problem. looked good for a couple of months, then i added an overhang protein skimmer. got bubbles everywhere!! turned it off last nite, been bubble free so far. thought it might be all the macroalgae since i've got a TON in my tank, but think it's the skimemr

turning the skimmer off can cause worse problems then the micro bubbles.

You need to adjust the skimmer so the flow through it isn't so high so the bubbles have time to rise and don't get into the tank.

BV

Back