micro bubbles???

imdaring

love my reef
My tank has micro bubbles where are they coming from?? they are collecting on my rocks ? it almost looks like they are coming from my sand bed?:question:

Bubbles shouldn't be sticking to the rocks and sand unless something is there to trap them.(cyanobacteria,dinoflagellate,heavy diatoms)

Got pics?

its not bubble algea they are clear, I can see the small bubbles through the tank alot of them they are blowing all around but I can't see where they are coming from?

Not unless its causing algae.Dinos,cyano,and other algaes will cause bubbles as they feed off photosynthesis.Then as thos bubble build up in powerheads and pumps,they get chopped into micro-bubbles.

Just going by your video.But it looks like some cyano growing on the sponge to your maxi-jet.And you've got some algae and what looks like diatoms popping up.Thats whats causing the bubbles.
Take the sponges and soak them in a bleach solution.Just be sure to rinse them several times in fresh water,then soak them in water and chlorine remover for a couple of hours before putting them back on.
Run some phosphate removing media,either phos-ban or rowa-phos.
What are your nitrate levels?

Another thing to try is leaving the lights off for a couple of days.A lot of times that will go along ways towards clearing up little problems.

Back