Microbubbles!!!! AAAAAHHHHH!!!!!

dfelender

Reefing newb
I've have cycled my tank and added fish. For the last 2 weeks I have developed a microbubble problem. I turned the protein skimmer off, didn't work. I reduced the amount of flow from my water pump (1800 GPM with 20 feet of water line and 7 1/2 feet of return lines), didn't work.

Today I bought an entire new sump (larger) and protein skimmer (larger) and the freakin bubbles are still there. :frustrat:

Does anybody have any advice? The water tests are perfect, the fish are healthy and eating, just surrounded by bubbles.

Wow if you turn the pump and the skimmer off then it can really only be one thing. Your powerheads. They may be to close to the surface, or one may be faulty. I have one that spits hundreds of bubbles every so often. Drives me nuts!

Sounds like you have eliminated some of the equipment. microbubbles in the water collum are usually from a leak where air is sucked into the flow. I would look for any place air can be introduced into the system and see if you can identify the culprit. anything that foams, mixes moderately at surface, or has a source of air could be suspecious to start. good luck. let us know if you find the problem.

Back