MikMcgyver's 125 Build

New development...

Diatoms?

DSC_0001.jpg

Green bubble algae?

DSC_0002.jpg

DSC_0003.jpg

How do I get rid of it? will it fade on its own? siphon it out? What will eat it? Any sand sifters out there that will take it on? Will get another couple emeralds to eat the bubble algae..

That's not bubble algae. It's just the diatoms respiring. Green bubble algae is big, like the size of a pea or larger, and it's very green. Nothing much you can do about the diatoms except wait it out.

Added a lil buddy today along with 10 turbos, a sand sifting star and 10-15 margarita snails....

DSC_0017.jpg

DSC_0015.jpg

Orange Diamondhead Goby... Think thats what he is... My 2yr old named him " Snake ". So meet Snake the Goby..

I almost lost him acclimating him, he lost it in the bag and made a break for the door... Grabbed him, tossed him back in and now hes good... cept when my kid comes around... :)

Here is the sand star... Hes a mover, all over the rocks, in and out of the sand.. I dont know if I mentioned that about 40lbs of my sand came from a established tank.. That will give him a bit more to eat, didnt realize that they stripped the sand bare.. Most likely will get rid of him then.. Until then....

P1000681.jpg

P1000677.jpg

Hes about 5" across...

Back