Military Kid

hks240sx

Reefing newb
Hey guys my name is cody and im currently in the military, acutally in afghanistan right now :-\ . Have been intrested in aquatics and marine life since i was a little kid. grew up fishing and involved with aquariums. im 20 years of age and from indiana. Im station up at Fort Drum, NY for any of you upstate new yorkers hit me up :-) . Recently got back into marine life as i seen my buddy is selling his equiptment so decided to start back up and see where it takes me. im a very friendly person and welcome to any sugestions as i have been out of the game for a while :-) any questions feel free and ill be more than happy to answer them :-D

Hi Cost, nice to meet you. Keep up the good work my friend, and thank you for protecting my freedom. Since you been out of the hobby a while, I'm certain things have changed. So how about if you have any questions we all here answer them and get you back up and running.

thanks alot fastrd400 ill definatly be asking questions and im proud to protect your freedom. im new to saltwater but have experience in freshwater. looking to do saltwater when i return home in 4 months :-D

Welcome to the site Cody. I'm stationed down at fort bragg right now, I've been lucky to never have to go up to Drum. Being in the military definitely makes this challenging hobby even tougher. Hopefully you have a good LFS up there that can help you out, I found one here that will take care of my tank at cost anytime I need to leave somewhere for a long period of time.

sweet appreciate it bro. the town outside of post is decent size (more small then large) i know they have a petsmart but not sure about an actually aquatics store find out when i get back

Hey, Welcome to LR! I'm deployed right now too, so I feel the pain...

Feel free to ask us any questions - there isn't another forum as friendly and helpful as this one.

Alex

dustoff medevac huh r u C5-159? and thanks again guys appreciate the warm welcome. and smitty deff. checked out your 2 tank builds very nice!

tracking , wont let me send u a pm yet lol gotta have 10 posts lol o well, but im on the eastrn side of afgn bout 5 miles from the paki border

I wish my maintenance guys did it - I'm our tactical operations officer/instructor pilot so I have to teach everyone how to load it themselves! Such a pain.

lol yea im 10th mountain with the apache guys and most of the higher ranking are just lazy its retarded lol but my shifts bout to end ill be on again tommarow great talking to u and meeting a few others

correction tommarows my day off :-P

Last edited:
Cool, Cody. Welcome to the site. One of my good friend's husbands is stationed up in Ft. Drum...he just finished a tour in Afghanistan, also, a couple of months ago. I believe in a couple of weeks he's being transferred to NC.

Back