mini maxi anemones

Tetra1

Reefing newb
What is the best way to handle these guys in order to transfer them to their new tank. Also
Also, I need to clean my live rock from debris and apistasia and majanos. Help me out. Thanks.

Just temp acclimate for about 15-20 mins and then drip acclimate for 30-60 mins. After that, turn off all the flow in your tank and put the nem where you'd like it. Keep the flow off for about 30 mins or until the nems seems to secure it's foot.

How much flow do you have in your tank? You shouldn't really see a lot of debris settling on the rocks. For the aiptaisa and mojanos you'll need to get some Aiptasia X to take care of it.

I just floated mine while adding a shot of tank water every 10 minutes or so. After an hour I dump out 1/2 the water in the bag and do it again for an hour. I've had some stay where I put them and have others that will take off to the other side if I change the flow.
I also lost a clown to one of the nems. Some people say they are peaceful but I seen first hand how lethal they can be. I wouldn't recommend these nems if you have fish that like to perch or host, such as clowns,gobies or blennys

Just temp acclimate for about 15-20 mins and then drip acclimate for 30-60 mins. After that, turn off all the flow in your tank and put the nem where you'd like it. Keep the flow off for about 30 mins or until the nems seems to secure it's foot.

How much flow do you have in your tank? You shouldn't really see a lot of debris settling on the rocks. For the aiptaisa and mojanos you'll need to get some Aiptasia X to take care of it.

I have had several rounds of apistasia and majano's even after the Apistasia X was put in my tank. As for the debris in there I am not sure what happened. I have plenty of flow in my tank, so that's not the problem. As for the rocks between the debris and the bristle worms and fire worms it has been rough. I have to get rid of those guys too they are huge. As for my nems, they are secured to two rocks right now and I do not want to disrupt them, so should I just put the live rock in the bucket with them when I acclimate or what. They are currently in my 30 gallon bow front and have been in the same spot for some time. That's the original tank. I am upgrading to a 75 gallon, that is why they are being moved. :frustrat:

Well, this might be controversial but, when I moved my anemones into my new tank I didn't drip them at all. I just pulled them from the bucket and put them right in the tank. After 2-3 days they all settled in and are fully open.

I also lost a clown to one of the nems. Some people say they are peaceful but I seen first hand how lethal they can be. I wouldn't recommend these nems if you have fish that like to perch or host, such as clowns,gobies or blennys

We have one with our blenny and a clown. They have never gotten hurt from the nem guess it just depends on the fish. I dont think you need to drip it if you are just transferring it to a upfraded tank. I know we didnt drip acclimate any of our coral when we got our other tank

Back