Miniatus Grouper aka Coral Grouper for sale/trade

kmart189

Reefing newb
I have a very colorful and healthy Coral Grouper/Miniatus Grouper for sale/trade will trade for a different fish (compatible with a V Lion and a 150 gal tank) and/or coral. I paid $90 I will take $60 for this fish and I hate to get rid of it just going a different direction with my tank. Although this fish will not bother corals it will eat crustaceans. And it will kill fish that are close to his red coloration. Here is a link to what he looks like http://www.freshmarine.com/miniatus-grouper.html (the same species for sale online) Mine is about 7" will eat out of your hand and will be a great addition to your tank. It is located in Denver, CO and I will keep this as a local pickup only for now at least.

They are great fish to have but can't be kept with smaller fish or any shrimp. Very aggressive and will eat anything that fits in their mouth. Had one but didn't survive my last tank move. They get BIG fast.

Will take $50. Getting rid of him because he is too aggressive for some of the fish I want Great fish for something mixed with aggressive fish like triggers puffers, etc...

Last edited:
This is a reef forum, doubt Miniatus grouper will go well with most tanks here. Maybe post on a forum for puffer,trigger or other aggressive fish tanks.

Being a reef forum doesnt have anything to do with the low response, it is a grouper that will get huge. I dont want to lose fish because the grouper is a carnivor.. I really am interested but the wife put a HELL NO on this one.:frustrat:

yeah that stinks joker you could always just put him in there and when the other little fish have dissapeared you could just point and tell her he got hungry lol. I am going to put him on monsterfishkeepers.com and see if I have any takers.

I would love to take it also, but I only have a 90 and I am sure it would be too much in no time for that tank. Sorry good luck finding it a good home.

yeah I wish I got a quote on the next tank I want and they told me $3500. Just a little too much for a laid off construction worker. However, compaired to a crack addiction this one an to bad.:mrgreen:
:death:BTW I don't or ever had the crack problem I am just saying!!:death:

I still have this grouper and will be moving towards the end of January I am open to trades for coral, other fish, etc... Let me know what you are thinking and I might take it. This fish has to go and has awesome coloration and would be a great addition to a bigger tank with compatible fish.

If you cant find a home for it, you might want to talk to the Downtown Aquarium in Denver. They might be interested in it, and they have the facilities to take good care of it.

Well I still have him and will be moving at the end of January I also have a Volitan Lionfish, but the grouper must go either with the grouper or after he is gone. I am also interested in trades for corals and/or other more reef friendly fish.

Back