mirror back on a tank good or bad for salt water

garydm

Reefing newb
I was in pet smart yesterday and I’m looking for a smaller tank for a set up in my dinning room and I came across a sale on a 36 bow front and I went to grab it and take off to the counter and buy it when I noticed it has a mirrored back on it.....my first thought was the fish would beat themselves silly if they seen there reflection in it..... Should I get it or will it leave me with some knocked out fish:frustrat:

I had a mirror back on my 29 gallon reef and I hated it. every fish I have had is either attacking the glass or staying by the back all the time (I'm guessing they think safety in numbers?) I replaced the backing with a plain blue one and both problems went away.

I used to have a mirror in one of my nano freshwater....it had a betta in it....it was funny watching him because he would puff up in all his splendor when he saw his own reflection! LOL He thought it was anotherh betta.

well Im glad I didnt impuls buy it.....I did however see they had a 36 bow front for 105$ Im buttering up the wife for one

Back