Missing a forum?

d2mini

Reef enthusiast
Is it just me, or do you sometimes not know where to post in the new forum layout?
I feel like we either need a General section for threads that don't fit any of the other sections, or we need an Experienced Reefers section to balance out the Newb forum.

Case in point. I'm about to ask a question about how others are feeding and I'm going to put it in the Newbie section because I don't know where else to put it. :12:

I agree with you 100000000% Dennis, I havent been on this site nearly as much as I used to be because I just cant get used to the new format...That being said I think the new format has been great for the site. Look at how many new members we have gotten since.

I would think that an Experienced Reefer forum might scare off the newer less experienced reefers from looking into it or asking questions. But general question would be very beneficial. I like the new layout. I like the get new post button at the top. Although the adds at the top get annoying since half of them are in spanish. Must be localized to the area:grumble:

Brian

I agree with you 100000000% Dennis, I havent been on this site nearly as much as I used to be because I just cant get used to the new format...That being said I think the new format has been great for the site. Look at how many new members we have gotten since.

Ryan quit making up excuses and get your ass back on here!!! We miss your posts. :lol:

Is it just me, or do you sometimes not know where to post in the new forum layout?
I feel like we either need a General section for threads that don't fit any of the other sections, or we need an Experienced Reefers section to balance out the Newb forum.

Case in point. I'm about to ask a question about how others are feeding and I'm going to put it in the Newbie section because I don't know where else to put it. :12:

I know it's a little confusing compared to the old layout, but it makes it so much easier to find threads this way :)

For something related to feeding, I would put it in the Reef Fishes section (Reef Fishes) - I'd guess many posts on the site will end up in that forum.

ya the layout works for me. Makes sense that the feeding post should be in the fishes forum. I usually get newposts every time I log in so dont really go searching through the forums anymore.

I know it's a little confusing compared to the old layout, but it makes it so much easier to find threads this way :)

For something related to feeding, I would put it in the Reef Fishes section (Reef Fishes) - I'd guess many posts on the site will end up in that forum.

Ya, you know I'm tempted to put a lot of threads in there until i read the description and then it seems so focused on just fish specific questions. Maybe we should adjust the description to read something like "general forum to talk about reef aquarium safe fish and practices".

I really love the new layout, btw. I just thought this one thing was a little confusing. :)

Ya, you know I'm tempted to put a lot of threads in there until i read the description and then it seems so focused on just fish specific questions. Maybe we should adjust the description to read something like "general forum to talk about reef aquarium safe fish and practices".

I really love the new layout, btw. I just thought this one thing was a little confusing. :)

Good idea, I'll edit the description to make it a little clearer :)

Back