missing fish.... ahhhh

dolphins8426

Reefing newb
so for the last couple days now I have been looking for one of my clowns that dissapeared. I searched everywhere and the little sucker just seemed to vanish. not in the sump or the overfow box. he's not behind the tank where he might have jumped out now what. no where to be found I mean no where. do I need to search the sand bed and see if I can take him out or anything. will my tank suffer if he died in the tank and I can't find him to take him out. wtf do I do arggggggggg

Do you have any cleaner crew? If you do, im sure they have worked overtime and cleaned the fish out...If not, i dont know what to say. Keep looking i guess,

My guess would be that your clown died and the clean up critters done took care of the body.
If you dont have any hermits or shrimp though,then you might get an ammonia spike.

if it was a small clown, there will not be too bad a spike. If you have a serpent star, kiss the evidence good-bye. they are ruthless scavengers. He doesn't come out when you feed? If he is gone for a week, consider him dead. Sometimes, fish will hide good if they get injured and need to heal. I have seen this happen with a few of my fish, only to come out when their wound is healed

-Doc

Back