Mixed PH Buffer and Calcium Raise together!!! Very Cloudy! Did I screw-up bad???

sasscuba

Reefing newb
Like a dumba** I did not fully read the small print and mixed some Seachem Marine Buffer together in a 1 gallon container with Seachem Advantage Calcium boost. Made the water very very cloudy.....am I going to hurt my lawnmower blenny or my hermit crabs and snails?

I just did a 30 gallon water change yesterday and really don't want to do another if it is going to be ok?

I put in extra carbon to help get it out??

Am I going to be ok?

Thanks.

You did not say what your water parameters were or why you added the particular additives. You will most likely just have to wait for it to balance out or do a series of water changes to help speed up the process. as far as the animals go, this is surely not good but hard to say if it will affect them.

HI,
You may have made up aliittle extra and its not going in to solution, check your PH, what was the manufactors reccomended amount to add to gal of water a tablespoon many things are to be done very slowly to prevent ph shock.?
I don't think carbon will help, I ve heard some carbons with tiime can cause addtional phos. Not real sure.
Doug

djnzlab1 said:
HI,
You may have made up aliittle extra and its not going in to solution, check your PH, what was the manufactors reccomended amount to add to gal of water a tablespoon many things are to be done very slowly to prevent ph shock.?
I don't think carbon will help, I ve heard some carbons with tiime can cause addtional phos. Not real sure.
Doug

Thanks but this post was 3 weeks ago and problem solved.:frustrat:

Please post here how the problem was cleared up so all that visit may have an insite to your problem, especially if they have the same problem, or make the same mistake. Glad to hear the problem is solved.

jhnrb said:
Please post here how the problem was cleared up so all that visit may have an insite to your problem, especially if they have the same problem, or make the same mistake. Glad to hear the problem is solved.

Called the manufacturers and they said it is not a big deal. It just creates a temporary condition of cloudiness that lasted 6 hours or so. Thanks.

Back