NathanMI

Reef Addict
This is my tank right now:
2 seahorse 1 H. Barbouri and 1 H. Kuda
1 Red Banded Pipe Fish
2 Banded Dart Fish
1 Mexican turbo snail
I have a 90g 48x18x24
I'm not sure how many pounds of live rock I have I bought it so long ago. I do have live rock in my DT and my sump!
2 koralia powerheads I run one at a time
Fluval 405 canister filter. I run all the chambers with live rock rubble and the top two I keep chemi pure elite in.
20g sump with
1 asm mini-g skimmer
Refugium with cheato, sea grapes and live rock
Overflow is a eshopps 300 gph
Rio 2100+ runs at 200gph
DIY ATO using an Exi Terra Monsoon RS 400
Lighting:
4 bulb T5 on the DT and the refugium with 50/50 20000k and actinics
Cooling:
To cool my tank I have a fan mounted on the wall behind the tank and two computer fans in each side angled so they blow across.

Upgrade plans:
I will be upgrading the sump from 20g to 50g
Ill be adding a 48x12x12 stand next to my 90 with a 30 xlong on top and a 50 g in the bottom.
Ill be buying an RO/DI system next week and running it to two brute cans in the kitchen. One will be freshwater and he other will be saltwater.
Ill be upgrading to reefbreeders LEDs I'm going to get two Photon48 one for each tank.
I'm upgrading all my powerheads brand and model is TBD
More live rock! I have live rock curing the the garage for the sump and ill be buying more!
Upgrade over flow from 300gph to 1200gph
Upgrade return pump from 200gph to 800gph (reeflo blowhole 1450)
Ill be putting the old overflow and return pump on the 30g with new plumbing
Ill pull off the fluval once the 50g sump is well established
New heater
Ill be getting an apex and 4 dosing pumps from BRS to control dosing two part, automatic water changes, temperature, return pumps, powerheads, watwr level monitoring in all tanks sbd resevoirs, and ill be getting a new ATO that will be plumbed to the freshwater reservoir in the kitchen with a solenoid. The 30g long will bet afrag tank.
Finally ill upgrade the skimmer from a ASM Mini-G to an ASM G3
Ill be growing soft corals, LPS, and SPS
I'm still researching all my equipment and I'm open to comments and suggestions!

I would hold off on the apex until you have some stock. Simple testing will be fine. Your going to need some heavy flow for sps, so i hope its just for the frag tank or your seahorse will be all over.

Lol yeah the seahorses are going to be relocated before I upgrade my powerheads. I'm going to put them in a 20g I have in my bedroom with a 20g sump. I'm going to hold off on the apex. I was going to buy it with my ro/di to use it as my ATO but I'm going to hold off for a while and setup a freshwater reservoir.. I'm going to buy my upgrades slowly. My 90g should be a seahorse home for quite a while though. The reason I want to get the apex is because I'm gone for 8-13 hours everyday for work so it will be peace of mind for me!

Back