Mixing Blennies?

FishyReef

Broke Reefer!
Hope I don't jinx myself before I know for sure if I'm getting it, but I just found a great deal on a 37g tank, exactly the size I've been wanting to set up at home! Already have a stocking list in mind and am wondering if I can put both a midas blenny and a starry blenny together in this size tank? I know some species will fight, but these two are from different blenny families so I'm hoping it might work. Thoughts? Thanks!!

Bummer, that's what I was afraid of. So next question(s). Would a midas or starry fit in my 90 given my current stocking list (tail-spot + already have a few semi-aggressive addtions). If not, which of the two would fit better with a semi-aggressive stocking list (I still have a 45 planned with a list that includes a lemon peel angel and maroon pair).

I went and picked up the 37 earlier today, though am less than thrilled with the tank - it needs to be cleaned, and the center bar melted through and is now held together with a plastic clip. BUT the stand and canopy are in pretty good conditon and I got it for $65 total so I still think its a good deal even if I end up replacing the tank.....

My tail spot is probably about 2" long at this point. She's super social and I've even watched her successfully take food away from my female clown and my tang. I am still having some aggression issues in my 90, but haven't totally figured out who the culprit is. Haven't seen any new scrapes on the tang, but the basslet has a nice scape on his side and is still posturing when the tang comes near one of his caves. I'm thinking maybe he and the wrasse or he and tang got into it at some point over the last few days. Anyhow, my point is that I don't really know how a starry or midas would do being added to this tank - they might get beat up by the basslet who seems to be having trouble with new additions and I don't know if they could hold their own with him like the tang and wrasse do.

Thanks Hannah, that's how I was leaning too. So now the question is which blenny - starry or midas? Very hard to choose!

Starry or midas are the options? I like the bicolor better than the midas, but the starry is up there on my list of favorite fish too. :)

Back