monkiboy's frag tank setup!

Those are really fantastic pictures, awesome work.
thank you, sir! just learning with this new lens. i'll figure it out and get better!

how much were those lights?
they were ~$130 each. i got two for excellent wall to wall coverage for my 36" wide 40g breeder. most run one and just keep SPS out of the corners but i did not want to have any limitations and since it was so affordable and people had great reviews, i figured why not?!

the nice thing is that the buyer can, if they want, customize the pattern, spectrum used, how many lights, which LEDs, etc so you get exactly what you want and then they each have their own potentiomenter so adjustment is a snap and swapping LEDs is too because they are wired in series. it was a great deal.

Awesome shots and very nice LEDs!

thanks!

Do you think one of those Evergrow units would be okay for a 10g? Or is it way to big? What are the dimensions?

ok? yeah, it would dominate a 10g tank, haha. the dimensions of a single unit is 15.75" x 8.35" x 2.36'. with something so shallow you'd have the potentiometers really low i guess.

here's the aliexpress.com link to their product for OTS design and DIY layouts. i would order through reefbreeders (stateside warranty help just in case) or your local reef club for a GB discount.

D120 with DIY Ratio - Shop Cheap D120 with DIY Ratio from China D120 with DIY Ratio Suppliers at EverGrow Lighting on Aliexpress.com

horrible news...

one of the clowns, the female, jumped out and i didn't realize until a few minutes too late...

only had her for a little while but now my lil guy (her mate) is all lonely and they were a matching ORA black ice pair.

i am thinking of selling the male and then getting another pair.

i've always loved the dynamics of a mated pair of clowns.

and this time i guess i'll have to invest in a net top. never had issues with clowns and jumping until today. lesson learned with these crazy guys. this is depressing.

RIP
20121121_151108_zpscdb678da.jpg

thanks amba, really. my first fish loss in over ten years. i guess i was due for one. clowns are so stupid sometimes.

bye girlie :bye2:

and yeah BRS is exactly where i'm headed - thanks!

So sorry for your loss. I have a clown that jumped out of its quarantine tank recently. I had just walked into the room so I was able to save it... I have a glass top on the tank which covers the whole thing except for a 1" x 4" area. Go figure....

So sorry for your loss. I have a clown that jumped out of its quarantine tank recently. I had just walked into the room so I was able to save it... I have a glass top on the tank which covers the whole thing except for a 1" x 4" area. Go figure....

thank you. and holy wow. that's a dedicated clown to find it's exit and thank goodness you were around. glad your guy/girl is ok!

so...WWC had their annual cyber monday 27hr live sale on R2R and i had my semi-annual splurg ;) here are some of the photos of my pickups. being on sniper duty for 10+ hours of the sale was totally worth it!

in the end, most of them will be put in a new 8'x2'x1' frag tub i bought recently from a LFS storefront going out of business to grow out and some will be sold after they've had a chance to settle and get happy again.

i'm still trying to find more time for the website and loading its content to sell my frags. i just want something a big easier for folks to be able to see what's available with paypal links to avoid a befuddling long FS post but it is proving tough. hopefully it'll all come together soon.

anyways, pics!

WWCSunDropChalice_zps29be631d.jpg

WWCSnagglepussChalice_zps94a5f784.jpg

WWCScreamsicleChalice_zps32d35334.jpg

WWCKingpinChalice_zps81e122e4.jpg

WWCJackoKillerLeptoseris_zpsabc24081.jpg

WWCBubblegumPinks_zpsf97d901a.jpg

TablingTri-Color_zps32dda961.jpg

TablingTri-Colora_zps63647774.jpg

PurpleMille_zps4bfb2c17.jpg

NuclearDeathPalys_zpsa571f26b.jpg

NgretsBlingBlingCyphastrea_zps061d72a6.jpg

NeonGreenBluePlate_zps3dd7a989.jpg

GraftedMille_zps520adafa.jpg

GoldSparklePalys_zps03d1ae43.jpg

thanks guys, they have amazing stuff and when they have a sale, boy do they do it right. it'd be wrong if i didn't splurge a bit, right? haha

i think with almost all the SPS, i'm gonna want to keep and grow out for fragging. most of the chalices and zoas will probably go for sale as is once they have time to situate and get acclimated.

let me know if you're interested in anything!

i just got a shipment of awesome shipping supplies including 40hr heat packs, 4-mil poly tubing, an impulse sealer, and boxes! i'm almost ready to go!

Back