Monthly expenses

Me persoanlly......idk bout electric but it cant be much, im running 4 t5's...

Other than that i pay for water pre mixed which im sure no one on here does..
Also have to pay for filters for my HOB filter which no one on here has...
Id say my personal expenses run about 50 bucks a month for 2 tanks....if i had a skimmer and made my own salt water....im sure it be less.

Coral expense is where all my money goes, buying new sheet is addicting and can get pricey

There's an occasion where u have to buy food...buffers, I.e chemicals for the health of your tank. I'm stock piled now and really don't spend much at all. I can't wait to get a skimmer to cut buying filters out my monthly cost....

some months its next to nothing some months it gits pricey it really depends on if its just day to say running cost or did you buy livestock

I do a 50 gallon water once a week. My Halides run 7 hrs/ Actinics 6 hrs / Lunars 10 hrs. I feed mysis or nori every other day. So, Electic=$73, Salt=$80, Food=$10 & Water=$5

Other than that i pay for water pre mixed which im sure no one on here does..
Also have to pay for filters for my HOB filter which no one on here has...

i do both of these lol i quit mixing my own water, cause i just dont have the patience to get it juuust right lol

and filters i wash and reuse to save a little money , i use the ones you fill up yourself

Are we talking this month??! Cause I'm pretending to have amnesia about what I've spent on my "build"....:) I'd say, budget like 50 bucks a month for your 20 gallon. That will cover any saltwater, electricity, weird new food you want to try, fun coral you want to pick up, snails or crabs, etc.
I buy my saltwater premixed too...

Once your tank is established the cost are not that much. Measurements of equipment energy consumption have shown its pretty low.

+1 sen....I spend MAYBE $10/month on food...I buy salt by the bucket, and I have my rodi unit, so not sure how much water I use, but I have to refill my large garbage bin once a month or so.

Back