Montipora confusa

Bluespace

Reefing newb
I've had this frag for a couple weeks now. It's been on the sand bottom since introduced to my tank. After the first week most if not all the green color it had has disappeared. The polyps are extended and look normal. Any thing I can do to color it up? Should I slowly move it up the rock work? My lights are 4 54w T5's, two white, and two actinic. Fixture is a Nova extreme. I can grab a pic of what it looks like if that will help.

Definitely move it up. Even tho it's a lower light SPS, you need to get it higher up with your lighting.

What's your phosphate level?

Yes I get that. Poor choice of words on my part. It will be moved up slowly over a few days. I'm wondering if it will need to be moved to the top or will the middle provide enough light.

Moved it half way up and now the tips are starting to turn green..:mrgreen:

I'll leave it here for a while and see how it does.

I got a monti conf colony as a freebie from a local reefer because he didn't know what it was. It turned brown and terrible looking in his frag tank. I've had it in my tank now for about 2-3 weeks and its starting to turn greenish/yellow at the tips. I have it about 2/3rds the way up the tank. Hope you continue to have good luck bringing it back.

confusas like higher light IME. Mine went from pale cream color with purple rim to fully red and purple, with some green in it. Looks like a Mind Trick kinda. Got a pic of yours? Lower left:

Back