Montipora slime is something wrong?

jcegt87

Dude Dude DUDE!!!!!!
ive tried serching but couldnt find a definite answer

ive been seeing that everyother day the monti edges slime up and release a thing edge of slime but just from the edges

DSC04687.jpg

ammonia -0-
trite -0-
trate < 5 ppm

the powerhead was pointed right at it until today because i was getting some diatoms on the side where the powerhead was located so i put the powerhead in the center of the tank to get better flow

oh and also lol im getting some microbubbles from my HOB i keep the water level a little over the odge of the lip for when the water comes back into the tank but i still get microbubbles what could i do to resolve that? you can see some bubble under the monti

also theirs a zoa under the monti should i remove it or leave it the "root" is under the monti but it stretches out and sits on the edge of it

For the HOB i cut the top off a margarine bucket thing, modded it to a flat surface, glued it to the output so it runs into the water instead of falls, i will post a pic in the morning if you want.

yes please im a visual learner lol just for reference i am using the marineland 350 HOB would it be the same?

my confussa or undata whatever it is does the same thing. Its also located right under my HOB filter. But its polyps are nice and big all day. Ill try and take a picture of my monti snot tomorrow.

thanks dana makes me feel a little better , was funnny cause i would see a long snot string across the tank right before it would be sucked up by the filter and i would be wondering where it was coming from lol does that mean its growing?

Idk what it is to be honest. But it's there all the time. Like I said tho. It doesn't seem to be effecting it in anyway. Idk if it senses other corals near it maybe? Idfk lol. I'll take a pic in the afternoon.

It may be irritated by the zoa nearby also. I know my monti did that sometimes when it was irritated. You may have to move one of them.

It may be irritated by the zoa nearby also. I know my monti did that sometimes when it was irritated. You may have to move one of them.
well i got it from the LFS with the zoa attached to it , the monti is growing around where the zoa peeks under from

Yeah, they may be having Mini war...and the monti is trying to grow/move out of it's way. Zoas have a potent toxin.

Back