Moon Light

U4BOYZ

Got Fish?
I'm interested in getting a moon light for my tank. Does anyone have a suggestion of type/brand? I've heard there are lights that imitate the cycle of the moon. Does anyone know anything about these? Are they worth the money? Thanks for your tips/suggestions. :)

Interesting Ccapt. I have two of these. They are the lights I leave on during the day with my LED light, to help give the water a blue hue. I also use them before the LED and after the LED for an hour to help transition my fish....I wonder if they're actally moon lights? So I would just leave them on 24 hours a day? I wonder if that would keep the tank too bright?

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_7434.jpg
    IMG_7434.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 3,347
I would think they would be too bright for moonlights.

Why do you have a cover over your tank? Not really a good idea.

They are kind of bright that's why I was wondering....thanks....I'll look into something a little dimmer...

I'm not sure why I cover my tank. To be honest my LFS set it up for me...and they covered it. They said it would help with evaporation? I do have a couple of wrasses. Aren't they known to jump? I do hate the cover, it's a pain in the arse!

Id replace the glass with eggcrate lighting grate and find a new LFS. The glass traps CO2 and stops the normal gas exchange that occurs at the surface and will make your tank toxic. Your LFS should know better!

Really?! Wow!!! I had no idea that was even a possibility! Where do I find these eggcrate lighting grates? My LFS obviously doesn't carry them. UGH.

Thanks Ted. Is it something that will fit down over the sides of my tank?....or is it something that just lays on top? I might have to buy it in two smaller pieces to get it in and out of my cabinet. UGH.

The moon lights you have I have used before too. The are bright, but what I did is just used them for a couple of hours in the evening but switched off at night. I had them on a timer. I liked the brightness of them. If two are too bright try just one. No need to buy something else.

Interesting Bluespace. Do you have white or blue lights. I have a 120 gallon tank...any idea how many I may want? Thanks.

I have these: LED Lights They take very little power. They are waterproof, they are flexible so they are easy to install, and you can cut them down if they are too big or too bright. I got two sets of blue and one white for my 125. I haven't finished building my hood yet so no pics, but when they arrived I set them above the tank and did a trial run. they are pretty cool. I hope to start construction of my hood soon and I will post pics as soon as I do.

Thanks Justin. I'll look into those as well. I knew I'd get better info/advice from this site than I ever would surfing the net. :)

Interesting Bluespace. Do you have white or blue lights. I have a 120 gallon tank...any idea how many I may want? Thanks.
Each module comes with two LEDS. I have two modules but need 3 total.
Every foot seems to be a good starting point.

I've seem many others out there but to me these look better than what I've seen.
I have the blue ones.

Back