Moon Lights

tangboy

Reefing newb
Are any of you using moon lights at night? What brand is best and where are you getting them? How are you timing them or does it matter?
I just can't get enough of my tank. I must see it at night, too.:beerchug: :goodnight

Hey there tangboy.

I love moon lights. I'm using the moonlight that comes as part of the tunze 7095 controller. Probably not practical if all your looking for is a moon light.

I have heard great things about these at a reasonable price.

http://www.thelebos.com/

Brandon

I purchased a lunar light string on ebay so I could mount it in my canopy.
Its bulb change from blue to green to purple.If Find the link I will post it

Jhnrb,
I like that setup! I have a Power Compact Flourescent light fixture. The manufacturer of the moonlights don't recommend I mount them to it. It may over heat them. My light has 4 little fans blowing my kickin' AC and it doesn't feel hot enough to melt anything. I might go ahead and try them out.
And you're setting yours at 45' N. Lattitude? Do you mean your lights hit the water at a 45' or something else you can educate me on, Brother?
Thanks again!,:fechten2:
Burney

I am running one string of 3 of the moon lights, connected to the controller that comes from the same manufacturer, I set the controller to constant on, and connect the controller to the aquacontroller jr which has a built in moon light program which is based on 15 degrees north lattitude. Aqua controller manages the intesity, the on/off times which vary by 50 minutes a day just as the moon does for a true moon cycle. the lights are mounted just inside each door below the opening and rotated to give the effect wanted at full intensity. hope this helps. with just the controller from the manufacturer you can simulate the various moon phases and can also use a timmer to automate on off times, but you will have to manually adjust the phase each time you want to change it. with the addtitional controller i use i set the system at on continuously and the add controller turns on and off, controls intensity and automatically manipulates the moon cycle throughout the year for a lighting regime at 15 degrees north lattitude.

Back