Moonlight Alternative??

Ok i was at work lookin around at what we got to offer and i came across these christmas lights, there LED and on top of that there blue!!!
So as i was fiddlin around with them and the little blue cap fell off and revealed the LED bulb, so i plugged it in to see if the light was blue also...and what ya know!! I only paid like 8bucks for a string of 35, I figured i could retro these into my canopy (wrap around the inside diameter) and see how it works, to bad im still in the process of settin up my tank, but if any one wants to give it a whack and see how it turns out let me know, i'm thinkin they would be fine since they are for outdoor use, oh by the way i work at Home Depot so you can get them there. Im almost there i just need a HOB overflow and finish painting my canopy:D

Attachments

• diy moonlight.jpg
    diy moonlight.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 343
  • diy moonlight1.jpg
    diy moonlight1.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 377
  • diy moonlight2.jpg
    diy moonlight2.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 586
  • diymoonlight3.jpg
    diymoonlight3.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 332
  • diymoonlight4.jpg
    diymoonlight4.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 450
There has been a few threads on here on installing LED into a fixture.I think it will work well,not sure of using all 35 of them,though...too bright.

I used a blue cold cathode light for a pc. It worked great. I hooked it up to a variable output adapter so I was able to adjust the brightness.

Back