more new stuff !!

ReefKeeper

TalkingReef Live co-host
well ... this was a topic of discussion before last nights Talkingreef Live show, so i figured i might as well let everyone know about it.

i have said at least 100 times, that i will NEVER have an Anemone in my SPS tank. i guess you could say that i lied. i traded some frags for a 12" around Sebae Anemone a few days ago. i choose the Sebae because they are FAR less likely to move around like a Bubble or LTA Anemone would. so far ... so good, it is staying in the spot that i put it in and seems to be acclimating well. here is the pic of the "i will NEVER have an Anemone in my SPS tank" Anemone and a new Acropora ...

sebaeanemone.jpg

noenacro.jpg

AWESOME!!! that green is striking. Great buy with the anemone. Put up a full tank shot, I want to see the nem with the other corals in perspective

-Doc

AWESOME!!! that green is striking. Great buy with the anemone. Put up a full tank shot, I want to see the nem with the other corals in perspective

-Doc

i will get that up for you tomorrow. my halides JUST went out (as i was reading your post). i wish i could get a pic of the TRUE color of that acro. pics do not do its color justice.

I know how you feel. the corals in my tank are always muted out. They look SOOOO cool in real life. that is why I am stunned by your Acro. It looks great even in the pics!

-Doc

you got in Lionfish, i traded down at e-town pet center. i kkep that store pretty well stocked with frags. it is cheaper for them to buy from me than to have boxes shipped in, so they are growing out the frags and ordering in maybe one coral shipment per month right now.

Man, your tank looks AWESOME! I can't wait until my puny 1-inch SPS frags start growing out, I can only hope that my tank will end up looking as badass as yours.

thanks Biff !! it will just take some time. i have been trying to get it looking this way for about 3 years now. i am thinking about getting 5 or 6 more large colonies of acro, and then letting it grow out for a couple of years. possibly adding gear instead of corals ... calcium reactor, controllers, etc.

Holy :pooh:. That is the tank of the month pic IMHO. Incredible. I always love a good regal tang shot. everything looks great. WOW

-Doc

Back