More new stuff....

dolphins8426

Reefing newb
Just bought myself a octopus protein skimmer... They any good? Also go 2 emeral crabs and 2 corals. I ll take some pic as soon as I get done setting up my protein skimmer. Woo Who

should be unless lights are to bright, sometime you have to acclimate some corals, starting from bottom of tank for a while then move them up, only if it came from a darker tank. One pet store i go to keep corals in a power compact tank and another in halides tank and i try to place them in same level in which pet store had it.

heres a few pics of what I got today....

fish028.JPG

fish026.JPG

fish025.JPG

fish027.JPG

Congrats on the torch and Octopus skimmer.Great skimmers for the money from what I hear.Mid way sounds about right for the torch if you have moderate to high lights.

It all depends on the skimmer and bioload.Most skimmers need a break in period of a week or two before it really start pulling out gunk.Sometimes not and they start pulling stuff out in a few days or less.

I have an Octopus skimmer -- they are fantastic. Mine started working within a couple days.

Make sure you use all those O-rings, or you will have big floods!!!

Your torch should be fine placed like it is. They don't like a lot of current, so make sure you don't have it in direct flow.

Back