more newbie questions

boots1302

Reefing newb
more newbie questions, but this time on coral. looking online at liveaquaria.com at their coral. i noticed some were labeled as aggressive, or semi aggressive. what does that mean. same question about placement, when it says middle. does that mean middle of the tank. also is liveaquaria have good product? their site looks well put together, but you never know. thanks

Corals can have stinging tentacles, or release toxins when threatened. They can wage warfare on other corals, basically. The agressiveness is a way of indicating how likely they are to "fight".... but basically if you leave enough space around each coral, it's not typically a problem.

Also note, some things, like anemones, might eat fish.

placement depends on your light levels, and flow more than position in the tank. Liveaquaria is a reputable vendor.

Live Aquaria is an excellent place to order livestock from. Probably one of the best sites on the net. Aggressive means if they sting things around them or will attack other corals. And placement is how high up in the tank they need to be (strong light or low light).

thanks a lot. if i stay in the beginner coral range that is on their site could i go wrong? just want to give a couple of corals a shot before i start with the other more expensive ones. just figure these would be a little easier to maintain and keep living.

Yeah, definitely start with beginner or easy corals. There are tons of corals in that category, so you won't be bored. Zoanthids, leathers and mushrooms are great to start with, and most LPS corals are also very easy to keep. If you have any doubts, just post what you're thinking of buying here, and we'll chime in with our experiences with it.

Back